Super Tuesday...the day after??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Tuesday...the day after??

OK...where do we stand gang & what is next?? I know the fall out is still ongoing, but where do we stand to know for sure on who is going to face the witch??

I know this has been emotional but it looks like TX & OK are on the same page with Cruz...the other states have my head spinning with the results coming in.

Once the dust settles, would love to hear thoughts on how you think this plays out.

We are in trouble sir!!!

Comment

I think trump is probably unstoppable

Comment

If Rubio doesn't drop and back Cruz, and it appears he will not, then we shall be Trumped.

Comment

Rubio left no doubt he is staying in. I suppose he could flip next week, but, like I've said in other threads, he is the Cruz missile.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerMe View Post
            If Rubio doesn't drop and back Cruz, and it appears he will not, then we shall be Trumped.
            Or vice versa. Cruz/rubio or rubio/cruz would stomp the trump/christie ticket

Comment

I personally thought Cruz spent way too much time in Texas this week... He may have needed some time with his family and I respect that. Hell I've been in a hotel just a few nights and already ready to go home.

But, I felt he had this state, even if it might have been a closer count. He coulda maybe picked up another state, maybe, had he left home sooner.... Monday morning QB, maybe.

Going forward, this state is done, what can happen other than watch and see how it plays out.

Comment

The results didn't come in until the wee hours of the morning, but Cruz beat Trump to win Alaska last night, also.

The biggest takeaways from last night are:

- Trump lost 4 states (TX/OK/AK/MN) and 3 more were way too close for comfort (AR/VA/VT)
                - The first state with a CLOSED primary (Oklahoma), Trump lost. Cruz outperformed his poll numbers there by 14 points, because only Republicans were allowed to vote, no Democrats and Indies crossing over, which hurts Trump. There are a lot more CLOSED primaries and caucuses on the schedule going forward than there are OPEN ones, including 4 to vote on Saturday (KY/KY/LA/ME) that are ALL Closed.
                - Rubio lost to KASICH in 2 states last night (VT/MASS). Rubio's big selling point has been that when the Blue states start voting, he'll really shine. If that's your selling point, you can't be coming in behind KASICH.
                - Cruz won Texas way more strongly than anyone predicted
                - And last but not least, good job by Sarah Palin for bringing in the win for Donald in Alaska. Oh, wait....

The media and the establishment keeps trying to make Rubio happen. Rubio ain't happening. I'm pretty sure Cruz has more than double Rubio's delegates now, and Cruz is not far behind Trump in number of delegates. The longer Rubio resists bowing out, the angrier people are going to get. He's not going to have an easy go of it if he stays in till Florida. He's losing to Trump badly in the polls there, and Cruz's campaign announced yesterday that they have opened a campaign office in Jacksonville, Florida, so Cruz is going to be making a real effort in Florida. If Rubio gets out, Cruz can make it competitive with Trump in Florida. There was a rumor last night that the Florida Governor is going to endorse Trump. It wouldn't shock me at all if sometime in the next week, Jeb Bush comes out and endorses....Cruz. I know there's no love lost between the Bush family and Cruz, but the feelings between Bush and Rubio are very, very raw, lots of animosity there. Lindsey Graham (!) came out last night and said on national TV that it might be time for the party to start thinking about getting behind Ted Cruz as the guy to take on Trump. And Graham HATES Cruz, that tells you how much he thinks Rubio ain't happening.

This race is just getting started.

Comment

Has Ben dropped out yet?

Comment

Practically speaking, neither Cruz nor Rubio are going to drive turnout necessary to defeat HRC. Nor will they pull an appreciable number of independents, much less moderate Democrats.

The GOP can either coalesce around Trump to leverage what influence they still have or they can continue their implosion as they appear to be trying today to destroy Trump. That doesn't mean I support Trump. It is just reality. But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Trump goes independent. He will certainly have a case for abandoning his commitment given how dirty the GOP is playing today. And that guarantees HRC a win in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by jruss View Post
                      Has Ben dropped out yet?

No he is staying in to make a point.

Comment

[ATTACH]778005[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                          Or vice versa. Cruz/rubio or rubio/cruz would stomp the trump/christie ticket
                          That goes against what all the polls have said and I agree. A large portion of Rubio's backers have said they would move to Cruz. A huge amount of Cruz voters have said they would move to Trump before Rubio. It's time for Rubio to get out but I'm starting to think he believes that if they can split the delegates enough to not have to give Trump the nomination, they will find some way to give it to him.

Comment

It would be nice to see everyone but Trump and Cruz drop out of the primary.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                              It would be nice to see everyone but Trump and Cruz drop out of the primary.
                              agreed.

Comment

Working...
                              X