Illegal immigration and the conservative brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
    there are illegals here today. It's not feasible to round them all up. However, when they get arrested, it's an opportune moment to send them back. Those are the "bad ones". There's a difference in being arrested, and rounding up every one in sight.

in addition, in order to slow down the flow, you slow down the inventive packages. Just because they're here, doesn't mean they should get anything. If they choose to start the citizenship process, fine, but don't expect a **** thing in the meantime.

in addition, when we catch them at the border, they go back. what % gets caught? 1%? 90%? who knows.

what's so hard to understand? It's a grandfather clause... you got in before the gate shut it's your lucky day. Play by the rules, learn english and start paying taxes... great.
    So you think 75% are violent criminals?

Comment

some people just listen and believe.

some people listen, research, listen again, research more and than make an independent decision.

thank god for the 2nd type.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        I believe this is the single best indicator of the health of our nation. Our desire as a people to protect ourselves against the passive encroachment of foreign invaders.
        America will never fall to a forceful foreign invader, but she will collapse under the weight of her leaky perimeter.
        I absolutely can agree with this, I'm just like everybody else and want our border secure. But that's a different issue than the folks we have already got here.
        If you want to truly secure the border then put up a wall and open up enough crossing centers, guy walks in from Mexico and has a job offer to roof houses for six months, background check takes 5 minutes, 6 month work visa costs 25 dollars and send him on his way. Make it that simple and easy and you won't have folks having to cross in the middle of the night and we know who they are and where they are.
        Catch an employeer working someone without a visa and fine them so it really hurts and you will put a stop to a lot of what's wrong with the the system now.

Comment

Another thought is that a very large percentage of Mexicans see the lower southwest 1/3 of the United States as still belonging to Mexico illegally taken from them by the gringos. They however don't consider that they illegally took it from Native Americans in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            So you think 75% are violent criminals?
            where did I say that?

you seem to be looking really hard for an argument, and I think you're just not reading what I'm saying.

Comment

I agree with the OP with the exception of being pro-Cruz. Personally, I just no longer factor conservatism, liberalism, or levels of either as it relates to how I vote.

On the immigration issue, I can't help but look at how this country has basically "left the lights on" for illegal immigrants to come here as cheap labor then want to criminalize them for it. Nor do I think we should criminalize those who came here in search of better lives for their families and who have, other than their illegal entry into the country, led honest lives here. Give them reasonable amnesty -2 years or less to gain citizenship.

Honestly negotiate this with the Democrats to do that in exchange for hard core securing of the borders, phasing out medical and educational benefits for undocumented aliens, and ending the birth right to citizenship.

IMO, this is one of those issues that political leaders from both parties don't really want to resolve and which is why both sides always start the negotiation with a tender that is totally unacceptable to the other. It is a wedge issue that both sides capitalize on to bring out their bases and neither side wants to risk. Republicans are afraid of the large number of votes that citizenship would give the Democrats. And Democrats have been so dishonest casting enforcement of immigration laws as being racist, that they put votes at risk if they now say we should enforce existing immigration laws.

Comment

I too have a huge issue with illegal immigration. I have that same issue with the employers that continually hire them, that allow them to stay here.

If you can stay here, make cash money and get free public services then why in the hell would you ever attempt to go legal.

The fines and penalties need to go to the people that will actually pay them and those are the employers who abuse the system to make another dollar. Cut the source and the well dries up.

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
                  They did not just show up and start taking jobs away, I'm speaking from experience here because I spend a lot of my day trying to hire, the American labor is just not there brother.
                  We spent generation after generation insisting that everyone had to go to college or learn computers. NO emphasis put on the trades at all.
                  As a matter of fact there is a large portion of our society that looks down on anyone who is in the trades.
                  Also as consumers we also demand lower and cheaper labor to do everything from building our house to picking our produce.
                  Of all the threads on here of people who are currently building houses I doubt very few went with the highest bid they could, I know I didn't go with the highest.

No different than the drug problem, we don't have a drug supply problem we have a drug demand problem.
                  The american workers arent there because the wages arent there. The wages arent there because the illegal workers will work for lower wages. Because american companies illegally hire them. It is a demand created by an illegal supply. Hiring and working illegals puts legal upstanding companies at a disadvantage, putting downward pressure on wages and profit and short circuiting the free market. ( its a battle between legal and illegal companies-legal company at a disadvantage )

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                    The american workers arent there because the wages arent there. The wages arent there because the illegal workers will work for lower wages. Because american companies illegally hire them. It is a demand created by an illegal supply. Hiring and working illegals puts legal upstanding companies at a disadvantage, putting downward pressure on wages and profit and short circuiting the free market. ( its a battle between legal and illegal companies-legal company at a disadvantage )
                    I don't know about in all industry but that's not the case in mine, I pay enough to if you work for me most of the time you are in to 6 figures. I have helpers making 50,000 a year but we also work 84 hour weeks most of the time. When I start looking for people they are usually all in until they realize you have to work your butt off.

Comment

Even if you cut the jobs and companies paying them they still will not leave because our government gives better handouts than they can make working in mexico or whatever country they come from.
                      There are alot of illegal immigrants that don't come from mexico or south of the border.

Answer me this, how many hispanic people have you ever seen panahndling on the side of the road in the major metro cities?? I bet it's less than 1%. Go look at homeless shelters and food banks, pretty low percentage of hispanics. Now go to a street corner or gas station in certain areas where men gather to work day labor. The percentages that are not hispanic are probably less than 1%.

Go to the welfare offices and homeless shelters and tell me haw many hispanics legal or illegal are there looking for handouts?? Now tell me again who is a drain on this country?

Hispanics crossing the borders legally or illegally may be costing americans jobs but at least they are providing a service and not spending all day on the street corners begging for money and living solely on government programs, housing and welfare.

Cut off all the government handouts and make everyone actually work for a living. Create a viable work visa and taxation system to be able to hold everyone who works in this country liable for their taxes.

The problem isn't with the companies hiring guys it's with the government basically encouraging the practice and encouraging illegals to cross by treating them the same as every American citizen once they are here.

Comment

do you guys that want them out all together so americans can have those jobs also decry american companies that send their jobs overseas for cheaper labor?

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                          do you guys that want them out all together so americans can have those jobs also decry american companies that send their jobs overseas for cheaper labor?

what jobs are illegals working that could be outsourced to an oversea company?

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                            what jobs are illegals working that could be outsourced to an oversea company?
                            i think you missed the point...

Comment

Kick out the illegals and stop the mindless doling out of taxpayer money and you will see people learning to work again. Too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                                i think you missed the point...
                                Are you saying an illegal workforce being employed for less money than the typical american would get paid is a good thing?

Comment

Working...
                                X