Just shot a good one!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
    Been awhile since Jake has responded to this thread. Hopefully he is running the scavengers off right about now.
    My thoughts as well

Comment

He gone!!!

Comment

Great shot on a great deer, congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Tarleton Jake View Post
          What broadhead were you using?
          Using a hammerhead 3-blade expandable. Bad news guys, I walked back to see if he was piled up where I last saw him and he was there alright, just not dead. He ran for about 30 yards then started slowly walking again. I immediately got out of there. I don't know what else to do. I saw probably 30 buzzards all around where I had last seen him. Only saw blood where he had been laying down.

Comment

Congrats!! Great shot. I am always too anxious. I would be back there to make sure the buzzards didn't get him, but I would be very very easy coming up on him. More than likely dead, but that sucker is tough, so better to play it safe than sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by jake-1024 View Post
              Using a hammerhead 3-blade expandable. Bad news guys, I walked back to see if he was piled up where I last saw him and he was there alright, just not dead. He ran for about 30 yards then started slowly walking again. I immediately got out of there. I don't know what else to do. I saw probably 30 buzzards all around where I had last seen him. Only saw blood where he had been laying down.
              Too far to get another arrow in him?

Comment

Just a little more time.

He'll die soon

Comment

using a hammerhead 3-blade expandable. Bad news guys, i walked back to see if he was piled up where i last saw him and he was there alright, just not dead. He ran for about 30 yards then started slowly walking again. I immediately got out of there. I don't know what else to do. I saw probably 30 buzzards all around where i had last seen him. Only saw blood where he had been laying down.
                  crap!

Comment

Man I would give him a couple hours. Can't believe he still has the strength to move around. Hope you get him!

Comment

Originally posted by czechaholic View Post
                      crap!
                      x2...

Comment

That's a tough sumbeotch!

Comment

You can see the exit wound in the video Chew posted. The broad head went all the way through him. For a quartering away shot, it was a bit forward.

Comment

Originally posted by RAGUIRREJR View Post
                            Just a little more time.

He'll die soon

agreed...

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
                              That's a tough sumbeotch!
                              x2

Comment

Leave him be for a few more hours or until early this evening. No since in running him any further. Likely will lay down in something thick. They sure are tough. The buzzards could keep him on the move and likely little chance of you putting a good stalk on him cause you just think they are alert all the time, they are twice as alert when injured.

Comment

Working...
                                X