Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Just shot a good one!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still waiting on LDP's lol! Can't wait bud!

Comment

I would shoot the rooster!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Looking at the video, the shot looks near perfect. About right on up and down, just maybe 2-4" forward for as steep as the deer was quartering. The old saying, aim for the exit hole... He almost did that perfectly. The exit hole is just a tad high.

As for OP, GET OUT THERE AND GET YOUR DEER!!! If you see buzzards, they can destroy a cape in minutes. First thing they do is attach the holes where he is shot, his rear end, and the eyes/mouth. That's what messes up the cape.

Congratulations on a fine buck!
        Agreed, If i saw buzzards I would be there now before they have a meal at your expense

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Honestly it looks like a very similar shot to my tall browed deer last year. His head was down feeding and due to the quartering away I took out one lung and hit his spine at the base of his neck. The arrow stopped just like his ....and I found him 300 yards later. Give him some time. you should have a nice blood trail to take you to him no matter how long it is.

Here is the live hunt...with pics

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ght=Tall+Brows

In this pic looking at deer , is preferred exit to the left of opposite shoulder, or out right of shoulder and chest area?

Comment

Nothing I can add that hasn't already been said.
            Therefore, I'm in for the LDP's

Comment

Dead deer go get him. I shot a deer last year and the caracara's let me know when he was dead! Talk about a good feeling!

Comment

Go get your Buck !!!!

Comment

Congrats man! Nothing wrong with that at all. 4 hours is a little excessive IMO on a deer that was falling down and bleeding that bad. I would have given him 2 hours tops and would be back on him. As bad as he was limping and falling down he wasn't going to run/walk far before he laid back down.

Comment

Watched video, it was a bit forward by about 6" or so, HE ISN"T FAR AT ALL!!! He doesn't need 4 hrs I can tell you that much and as warm as it is you don't want to leave him too long, but at the same time you don't want to push him. If it is very windy/breezy there it won't take the coyotes long to find him either!!! He is pouring blood!!! Go get that deer!!!

Comment

I can't believe he got up the first time! He's dead now

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        DEAD deer...I slo-mo'd it and you tucked it in the pocket behind your shoulder. I'm not sure what the folks who say it is far back were looking at. That deer is dead.
                        x2

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                          In this pic looking at deer , is preferred exit to the left of opposite shoulder, or out right of shoulder and chest area?

At a quartering away angle with right side entrance the preferred exit is through left shoulder or just in front of left shoulder ....or really anyway you can get the heart or both lungs. Imagine the exit you want to take out the vitals and aim for it through the deer.

Comment

What broadhead were you using?

Comment

Been awhile since Jake has responded to this thread. Hopefully he is running the scavengers off right about now.

Comment

I would at least walk back to where I last saw him to make sure the buzzards don't get to him, even if I was planning on waiting a little longer before starting the track. Like SWS in #162, I would hate for the buzzards to mess up his cape.

Great shot on a really good looking buck, no doubt you will find him dead. Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X