• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he dead

Comment

Good luck on the track

Comment

I see nothing wrong with your shot and I would be very happy with that placement. Goes to show you, sometimes they surprise you and get up. When he was standing there looking at that arrow I was like WOW, this deer should be piled up.

Great shot sir, can't wait for LDPs and like others said, if you don't get this buck, wasn't meant to be because you did everything RIGHT!!

Comment

Great shot! Go get em!!!

Comment

Great shot, he's done

Comment

Yep he's dead , good shot

Comment

I bet when he finds him, he'll find the arrow stopped because it hit his spine since it drops down in that area. Add in his neck being down and it lowers it even more.

Last edited by Smart; 10-03-2014, 08:49 AM.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFNKoExaqf4"]10 Point 10/3/2014 - YouTube[/ame]

Looked good to me. Worst case scenario is a one lung shot.

Comment

Dead deer for sure but MAN those critters are tough.

Comment

That deer is dead now, great shot. Just track slowly and keep a good lookout.

Comment

Nice shot. Looks like he dropped just enough to make your shot high (few inches).

I had deer doing this and had some video where the arrows was heading to the gap between the front leg and chest then the deer would drop just enough to put the arrow thru the heart.

Click image for larger version

Name:	deer-anatomy.gif
Views:	1
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	24334489
                        Last edited by Higee; 10-03-2014, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                          As I am new to bow hunting, I have a couple of questions? After watching the shot on video and in slo mo it looks to be slightly forward and partial exit near or in opposite shoulder. I know op said he would do nothing different and I agree that this deer is dead. Would people generally say that this shot should have been a few inches back or was this just fine? I am not all critiquing the shooter, I just like to learn from real life situations that I can see on video. On that shot would it be preferable for the exit to be in front or behind the opposite shoulder?
                          Congrats on an awesome dear and what looks to be an awesome place. I would love to have the amount of deer and the choices you have.
                          Looking at the video, the shot looks near perfect. About right on up and down, just maybe 2-4" forward for as steep as the deer was quartering. The old saying, aim for the exit hole... He almost did that perfectly. The exit hole is just a tad high.

As for OP, GET OUT THERE AND GET YOUR DEER!!! If you see buzzards, they can destroy a cape in minutes. First thing they do is attach the holes where he is shot, his rear end, and the eyes/mouth. That's what messes up the cape.

Congratulations on a fine buck!

Comment

great shot - he is dead right now IMO

Comment

Just for referencing the spine at the neck
                              Last edited by Smart; 10-03-2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Based on the pic in 127 I can't find anything wrong with the shot other than the head being down... I aim for the tuft of hair just behind the shoulder. If anything and 1" or 2" back but still that should be a dead deer either way.
                                Agreed, MAYBE the shot could have been back an inch or two... It was a very good shot. I doubt I could have done it any better.

Ps good luck on the recovery, Jake!

Comment

Working...
                                X