No announcement yet.

Bowhunters unite to abolish 40 lb draw weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tink...on a side note, you've got some awesome B&W pics of you and your son posted here, I really like them.

Would you start another thread with some of these and your other old school pics...I bet you've got some good ones that we haven't seen yet.

Now, carry on...
    Last edited by tinman; 02-10-2008, 09:46 AM.

Comment

thats what i was saying tink. you are totally right on this. no doubt from experience which i beleie some others need to take a seat on here and listen to you. i do agree that if the child has the skill then he should be able to hunt with a bow. but like i said not everyone will be happy when this is all said and done. it may pass it may not? i guess we will see. my stepmom is wanting to bowhunt. she cannot pull 40lbs but she is going to work at it until she can. now whether or not she will be ready to use it effectively? im not sure but she will have to prove her self. she knows if she cannot make a good shot then dont shoot.

Comment

I agree with Tink!!! 100% People make bad shot with a gun much less with a bow. A gun is more powerful and we have fools out there hunt and kill people wiht them lowering the poundage by 10 pounds will not mean more wounded deer. Just like anything eles education is the key to all hunting whether be gun are bow we are the hunters and we need to educate our young in the right ways to hunt and by the law if the law is wrong we the peolpe need to change it. My 2 cents

Comment

Thanks Gentleman

Don't you agree that in the case of youth they will in time get stronger

in the case of older folks, in time, we will get weaker?

So we should quit bowhunting?

NOT

Over the last 20,0000 year hunters have always sought to use the finest most efficient most powerful equipment they can find to hunt and kill enemy with.

One exception is Traditional archers who handicap themselves to Long & recurve bows to maximize the hunt and make getting a kill more difficult.

but only a handful use wooden self flat bows and wooden arrows and Hand stripped turkey feathers, flit heads etc. A mere handful.

We face a challenge today of loosing our youths to malls, drug, booze, i pod, PC, Puter games, car gangs, etc.

Its getting hard to get some kids into the field after 13 or 14 they want to hang out with their "friends and assorted hoodlum and drug pushers," etc

Both my kids were hooked on drug and it was a battle to get them afield away from that stuff.

Ted Nugent helped me & my wife to get my kids off drugs and for that I am forever grateful.

The Texas 40# weight limit for deer & turkey is a joke.

Ltes dump it. The Governor want it gone so doesPeter Holt Exec Director of the TP&W Commission

lets Do it

Tink

Comment

Howie here is your Thread Sir!

Howie & Jasmine

Glad you back and able to pull your bow again.

We missed you all. call me OK 830 634 2878

Tink

Comment

TP&W dropped 40# requirement!

TP&W has dropped the 40# weight limit for bowhunting equipment.

Texas Bowhunters have united to fight a bad regulation

Thanks to Howie Smith and his daughter jasmine, and all the other parents and friends who have support this grassroots action.

While there has been wide spread objection to this rule, the action started with Howie Smith post here

Congratulations Howie

Jasmine can now plan on bowhunting deer with her new Mathews bow

We Won!!

Thanks to all those how have helped

Tink

Comment

So, is there NO draw weight minimum now? - Joey

Comment

Man you guy's wore me out. Thank God its over. Now everyone kiss and make up.

Comment

Hey great news... now my 4 year old grandson can shoot deer with his 7# Longbow....

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                      Hey great news... now my 4 year old grandson can shoot deer with his 7# Longbow....
                      i have a red rider you can let him hunt deer with too.

Comment

I'm glad its over now this thread can die!

Comment

i have a red rider you can let him hunt deer with too.
                          Don't give TP&W any ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                            I've got a 2 y/o nephew I can set him up with an 8# selfbow I whittled. This is gonna be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Africanbowhunter View Post
                              TP&W has dropped the 40# weight limit for bowhunting equipment.

Texas Bowhunters have united to fight a bad regulation

Tink
                              First off, it was NOT a "bad" regulation. If having a 40# minimum is bad, then not having a minimum at all is IRRESPONSIBLE.

Shoot, now its legal to take a plastic matel suction cup bow, pull the cups off and put a 7/8" bh on the front and you're legal!!!

I see very little good coming of this!

Comment

Tink, didn't you tell me you loaned a compound bow to someone who was a recurve shooter??? He took the compound to Africa and killed some trophy game?

Comment

Working...
                                X