If you could go back ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post
    I dang sure would go back to the 70's, but I would want to take my kids with me, because the best would be right around the corner.. The 80's rocked!!!!!!
    I turned 14 in 1980.. Perfect timing.. There will NEVER be another decade as great as the 80's!!
    Kids now days have no clue
    What was so great about the 80's? Please explain.

My youngest was born in 1979. He was all into music as a teenager, forming a band and playing various places even through his college years. In fact, he majored in Sound Recording Technology (against my wishes). He now works for a pharma company and uses none of his degree courses. He says he wishes he grew up in the 60's because it had the best music. He took all of my old '78 record albums; still plays them.

Also the cars of the late 50's and '60s.

Comment

Lots of folks look at the past through rose colored glasses but I'd take the 70's over the current mess. Growing up in the late 90s early 00s it's amazing how much things have changed just in my short lifetime. I always wonder how much better things were when things were simpler, even if there were still struggles.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hmmmmmm?
          Attached Files

Comment

Rob, where did you get my old belt? I had one exacry like that one.

Comment

Picture taken of my ‘59 Impala and girlfriend taken in 1965. They don’t make ‘em like that anymore!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	7DA9482F-7773-4D4A-B360-E6B5B11065AE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	24709682

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post

He got his part too high for his comb-over. Unless he was growing it out for a ponytail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  What was so great about the 80's? Please explain.

Oh wait! I loved the disco music that started in the 70's and carried over into the 80's...loved me some disco! I was the Disco King in Dallas at the time! You might catch me in some old videos if you search the web and look closely. This tune still makes me want to get up and dance. I am twitching right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    Oh wait! I loved the disco music that started in the 70's and carried over into the 80's...loved me some disco! I was the Disco King in Dallas at the time! You might catch me in some old videos if you search the web and look closely. This tune still makes me want to get up and dance. I am twitching right now!

https://youtu.be/SkypZuY6ZvA

I hear ya, Bernadell! We had a Discotec here and we would go down there sporting the Angel Flight pants, silk shirt with the collar down to your shoulder and platform shoes! LOL.
                    Big disco ball hanging above the dance floor with the BeeGees blaring through the speakers.
                    Oh, and don’t forget the hair parted down the middle and feathered back!
                    Yea, we were all that and more back in the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It all depends. What are the rules? Or all the girls I screwed over in high school gonna be there too? That’s a deal breaker.

Comment

Not if I have to do it as the same stupid kid I was the first time.

Comment

You boys that were born in the 80’s and 90’s don’t know what you missed, in those we had 3 for one happy hour with food during the event. It breaks my heart you young critters will never realize what fun was .

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                            Yep, because it’s so much better now.

Insane inflation, Joe Biden, hip-hop/rap music, plaid boxers with your jeans down past your butt, nose rings, face tattoos, man buns, Supreme Court justices that aren’t sure what a woman is, sex changes for small children…….

So much better now that we don’t have bell bottoms.
                            You are correct, Terry...except bell bottoms are coming back!

Comment

I think I like any time period before the internet and cell phones. Life wasn’t near as complicated then.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                                I think I like any time period before the internet and cell phones. Life wasn’t near as complicated then.
                                Yes sir you are correct. The 70's and before were like Burnadell said, easy times good times. The best music bar none. Everything was cheaper too.

Comment

Working...
                                X