Houston Texans 2023 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
    So you want the Texans to draft the shortest QB in the history of the draft...shorter than Kyler Murray, ( and I didnt think that is possible)

Carolina is taking Stroud and I think Houston will be enamored by the freak athleticism of Richardson....dont be surprised if Young doesnt fall deep in the draft
    Young will be the pick if he is available. He is a proven winner against very good competition. Richardson is an athlete. That's about it so far. I don't even think he will be the third QB taken. Maybe fourth behind Levis.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      Young will be the pick if he is available. He is a proven winner against very good competition. Richardson is an athlete. That's about it so far. I don't even think he will be the third QB taken. Maybe fourth behind Levis.
      Knowing the Texans 23 year track record on drafting...you may be right

Comment

Knowing the Texans 23 year track record on drafting...you may be right

Hopefully the new regime will change that. Personally I don't care for any of the top QB's in this draft. I would get both lines built up and wait until next season to draft a rookie QB.

Comment

If they take a QB this year...which they are.....the target for next year is Marvin Harrison Jr....
          He is Hopkins.Megatron/daddy all rolled into one.....

Comment

If they take a QB this year...which they are.....the target for next year is Marvin Harrison Jr....
            He is an excellent receiver.

Comment

So you want the Texans to draft the shortest QB in the history of the draft...shorter than Kyler Murray, ( and I didnt think that is possible)

Carolina is taking Stroud and I think Houston will be enamored by the freak athleticism of Richardson....dont be surprised if Young doesnt fall deep in the draft
              Yes I absolutely do. He is short but is a proven winner. Those boys in the SEC trying to rip his head off weren't small. Yes there is a risk of injury, but how many 6'4" QB's can't stay healthy either?

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
              I hope they take Richardson. Hes like a more athletic Rothlisberger. Im sure they'll take Young, I cant see him being very succesful.
              I think Richardson is a a great athlete and may or may not turn into a great pro QB. He just hasn't played enough and his completion percentage is barely over 50%. Whoever drafts him better be in a position to either let him develop behind a veteran for a year or two or lose a lot at first.

I agree. That guy is a beast.

I actually don't care for Stroud much. I can't understand the hype around Levis and Richardson. I think Hendon Hooker is the #3 QB in this class and if it weren't for the ACL last November and his age, we would be talking about him as a top ten. It won't happen but I'd love to see him in Houston. 3 years from now I think we'll be asking how Hooker was the fifth QB taken and not in the top 3.
              Last edited by Pineywoods; 03-21-2023, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Im all in on not drafting a QB this year as Williams and Maye next year are both better prospects IMO. Plus there is no more valuable asset in sports than a stud young QB on his rookie deal. Waiting one more year extends that window and brings a rookie QB into a better situation as the roster will be more established. Plus the Texans should have plenty of assets to trade up next year.

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post
                  Im all in on not drafting a QB this year as Williams and Maye next year are both better prospects IMO. Plus there is no more valuable asset in sports than a stud young QB on his rookie deal. Waiting one more year extends that window and brings a rookie QB into a better situation as the roster will be more established. Plus the Texans should have plenty of assets to trade up next year.
                  I agree but I don't think there's anyway they pass on one this year.

Comment

The average lifespan of an NFL career is three years.
                    In three years when the current roster is gone & there's an entire new team is when they might turn things around. If you watched them play last year you should agree.

60% of seats in Minute Maid, Toyota, Reliant are already sold before the season starts from corporate/season ticket holders.

You need an owner that wants to win in pro sports.

Tommy Boy & Dice just want the money. Their product is so bad it's not even marketable in our own city. There's no billboards/advertising for the Rockets/Texans. HEB won't even put them in commercials & they love the Stros.

I wish all the best of luck to Ryans. He's going to need it. What he did in SF was pretty impressive.

But, he's a defensive mind guy that will always kick field goals instead of trying to score TD's in the red zone. He will always let the other team dictate the pace of play & not try to choke anyone out in the first half offensively.

Dom Capers went 4-12 & 5-11 in his first two seasons here. 7-9 breakout third year. Then 2-14 & fired. Those teams were trying to win. They were terrible but they seemed to care.

Eternal optimism is a disease. Be a realist. We suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                      Yes I absolutely do. He is short but is a proven winner. Those boys in the SEC trying to rip his head off weren't small. Yes there is a risk of injury, but how many 6'4" QB's can't stay healthy either?

I think Richardson is a a great athlete and may or may not turn into a great pro QB. He just hasn't played enough and his completion percentage is barely over 50%. Whoever drafts him better be in a position to either let him develop behind a veteran for a year or two or lose a lot at first.

I agree. That guy is a beast.

I actually don't care for Stroud much. I can't understand the hype around Levis and Richardson. I think Hendon Hooker is the #3 QB in this class and if it weren't for the ACL last November and his age, we would be talking about him as a top ten. It won't happen but I'd love to see him in Houston. 3 years from now I think we'll be asking how Hooker was the fifth QB taken and not in the top 3.
                      Not sure why you are hating on Stroud ...all he did was 74% completion and on 2 Heisman stages....is 6'4" and set a QB record at the combine....with every analyst saying he can make every throw....and is a pocket passer who can run if needed.....

Comment

With free agency in full swing and the draft next month, let's get a thread going for the 2023 season. For the first time in years, I am actually excited about this team's future. Demeco was a fantastic choice at head coach and he seemingly made some good choices at other coordinator/coach positions. The jury is still out on Caserio.

They haven't made any superstar signings but have quietly improved the roster tremendously versus where they were. Some are depth players, some are starters, but it's a great start in free agency. The Laramy Tunsil extension at LT was a good move to help protect a young QB.

Free Agency Signings:

Dalton Schultz TE (one of the best signings they have made)
                        Devin Singletary RB (Singletary + Pierce = )
                        Sheldon Rankins DT
                        Robert Woods WR
                        Noah Brown WR
                        Shaq Mason G
                        Jimmy Ward S
                        Case Keenum QB
                        Hassan Ridgeway DT
                        Chase Winovich DE
                        Mike Boone RB
                        Andrew Beck FB

*Denzel Perryman (LB) had a 2 day visit leading into the weekend and is rumored to a possible signing.

The draft will be exciting with the number of picks we have and especially how many we have in the first 3 rounds. A franchise QB at #2 is pretty much a lock and I'm in the camp that thinks Bryce Young is the guy if Carolina passes him. The second pick at #12 needs to be a true #1 receiver or stud DE depending on the best player on the board at that point. In addition to the list below we also have pick #259 (Mr Irrelevant) as a compensatory pick.

[ATTACH]1123749[/ATTACH]

After being absolute garbage for several years, it's nice to have some excitement about the team again.
                        I agree!!!

Comment

Not sure why you are hating on Stroud ...all he did was 74% completion and on 2 Heisman stages....is 6'4" and set a QB record at the combine....with every analyst saying he can make every throw....and is a pocket passer who can run if needed.....
                          Theres no arguing his numbers. I don't hate him, I'm just not crazy about him. Ohio State QBs in general have not impressed me in the NFL. I'm not sure if it's the system of what. I believe he will be good, not great wherever he goes. I hope I'm wrong if he comes to Houston. I've seen interviews with him and I think that's what turned me off the most. I don't care for his personality and he comes across as arrogant.

Comment

Theres no arguing his numbers. I don't hate him, I'm just not crazy about him. Ohio State QBs in general have not impressed me in the NFL. I'm not sure if it's the system of what. I believe he will be good, not great wherever he goes. I hope I'm wrong if he comes to Houston. I've seen interviews with him and I think that's what turned me off the most. I don't care for his personality and he comes across as arrogant.
                            lol
                            As I buckeye fan who has watched every game of his...arrogant is the last thing he is.....in fact...his first acknowledgment for anything he says is to God
                            Not exactly sure what you saw

And what Bama QB has been successful in the NFL in last 30 years...especially one that is barely 5-10"......Young is a talent but I think a complete bust at QB in the NFL......Not many Hiesman QB winners are successful, for whatever reason....

Comment

lol
                              As I buckeye fan who has watched every game of his...arrogant is the last thing he is.....in fact...his first acknowledgment for anything he says is to God
                              Not exactly sure what you saw

And what Bama QB has been successful in the NFL in last 30 years...especially one that is barely 5-10"......Young is a talent but I think a complete bust at QB in the NFL......Not many Hiesman QB winners are successful, for whatever reason....
                              I'm admittedly not an Ohio St fan at all so I only watched two games of his this season. One against Michigan that was very underwhelming, and one fantastic game that he had against Georgia, where he did some things that most said they hadn't seen from him. The only interviews I have seen from him were during the combine week and I just wasn't impressed from that one snapshot. I also watched how he interacted with other players who tried to conversate with him and he just seemed arrogant and unfriendly towards them. It was just my impression but it doesn't mean it's accurate.

I'm not a Bama fan either... at ALL! I actually despise them as an Aggie fan. With that said, the kid is special regardless of being the size of Russell Wilson. None of this year's QBs are amazing to me but I would call Young and Stroud 1a and 1b from a talent perspective in this particular draft. No collegiate athlete is a sure thing until they prove it in the NFL and all have the potential for injury or bust. As long as we don't draft Levis or Richardson, I'll be happy.

Comment

Hooker is who I would target, get Anderson at 2, WR at 12 and Hooker at 33 or trade down some, they need so much help they have to take some chances. Of course, my phone hasn’t rang yet!

Comment

Working...
                                X