All Hat and No Cattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
    Oh man. I can remember a thread about boots. People were hating on Tecovas like an Aggie on a longhorn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Because tecovas are for guys that wear a 100x silverbelly and dont cowboy

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
      Cant believe this thread is 5 pages long.

Guys concerned with what other guys are wearing.

I opened it the first day and didn't comment because I thought it was silly that any grown man would care what anyone other than his wife cared about what he had on his head.....

I wear cowboy hats, caps, wool hats and even big round sun hats. I have never once thought to myself "which hats should I put on to make everyone happy"

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
        7-5/8” my brother from another mother.
        My long lost brothers!!! 7 7/8" here.

I'd look like I had a sombrero on if I ever wore one!

I've got to custom order a fitted 2XL baseball cap just to get by myself.... Snap backs look horrible on my melon due to them having to be on the last snap...

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
          Oh man. I can remember a thread about boots. People were hating on Tecovas like an Aggie on a longhorn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          https://youtu.be/xmNfUUFAclw

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Now I don’t know what to do !!

Comment

Went into HEB one day, spotted a couple of weekend types, wearing spurs with all the trim. They were not locals, too much high dollar bling to fit a working livestock type round here.

Saturdays and Sundays at Walmart, pointy boots, black hats, and all strolling around about no more than 5'7" speaking Spanish, wearing pointy boots.

Warm enough for shorts, flip flops and a T-Shirt outside.

Realized, either the Indians may be camped outside the city limits, and a posse was forming and or a Western show inside the city limits somewhere, was about to go down?

Not sure, I keep to my own and move along. It's better than dresses I suppose?

Comment

Locals look like this, and roll in for a few bottles.

Living it and at times, riding into town.

Anything else, they will chuckle at those, who show blinged.

Comment

Can you get a DUI on a horse?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post

Haha!
                    Not sure but I guarantee you can get wasted, crawl up on the horse, and it’ll get you home safely. There was a guy in Rock Island that rode his horse to the beer joint all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wear a straw for the sun protection (two run-ins with skin cancer on my face/scalp). I hate the way a hat hits my truck seat in the back and on my tractor ROPS sometimes. Never owned a felt except the one issued by the Harris County Sheriff's Office. Wore it probably 4 times in 30 years. But I did abscond with a new straw from HCSO when i retired last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                        I was reading a Texas history book several years ago. Indian fighters and other general outlaws were the subjects. I seem to remember one guy being charged with riding his horse recklessly and drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                          Haha!
                          Not sure but I guarantee you can get wasted, crawl up on the horse, and it’ll get you home safely. There was a guy in Rock Island that rode his horse to the beer joint all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Rock Island has a beer joint now? Sounds like commerce is booming now.

Comment

grew up on ranch, rodeo was a part of my life, but I no longer raise cattle, but I still wear a hat.

Comment

Shoot.... I'd bet half the people on this board don't even own a bow!!

Yer grape; wear what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
                                Cant believe this thread is 5 pages long.

Guys concerned with what other guys are wearing.
                                Oh I can... LMAO
                                Threads tend to get long around here when certain folks got triggered.

Comment

Working...
                                X