Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polaris Ranger or Can Am Defender or Kawasaki pro fxt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
    On the FXT PRO, can you remove the front doors. I don't like'm or really need them. They are good for some folks, just not me. I am looking to buy one this year.
    Yes. It's just a couple of bolts.

I said the same thing. After a couple of days, I was hooked on doors. I use mine for hunting and general work around the ranch.

For my long legs, it's a rest to keep them from hanging out the side and getting hit by everything.
    They keep the brush, mud, cow mess off me.
    I can throw tools and stuff on the floor board and not have them roll out.
    When we go on hunting trips, I pack the floor boards full of gear.
    A buddy of mine, son rolled out the back of a 3010 when he was young. He wanted to watch the tires splash through the mud.
    I've had calves kick the doors twice.
    ... and my favorite. We were hog hunting around a corn field. As we went by a row, out of the corner of my eye, in the headlights, I saw about a 3'ish rattle snake ready to strike a couple feet from me. Was sure glad there was a door there as we went by. LoL

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BRUTE 23 View Post

I said the same thing. After a couple of days, I was hooked on doors. I use mine for hunting and general work around the ranch.

For my long legs, it's a rest to keep them from hanging out the side and getting hit by everything.
      A buddy of mine, son rolled out the back of a 3010 when he was young. He wanted to watch the tires splash through the mud.
      ... and my favorite. We were hog hunting around a corn field. As we went by a row, out of the corner of my eye, in the headlights, I saw about a 3'ish rattle snake ready to strike a couple feet from me. Was sure glad there was a door there as we went by. LoL

You are spot on Brute 23. The benefits of having doors far outweigh not having them.
      And for me, the benefits of having a fully enclosed cab that keeps the dust out and has a heater/AC unit is well worth the cost.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I also vote for the Ca-AM

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
          I imagine most of the naysayers have a reason to bad mouth the rangers! glad yall have good luck with them though.
          I bought a new 2022 northstar ultimate in February 22. I had a oil leak at the crankshaft seal at 15 hours. Dealer didn’t even have a fix for it at that time. The ride command kept turning off and rebooting. Other than that it was great. I would still buy one. They both have their positives and negatives. My 22.5 can am is at the dealer now for a/c controller, coolant leak, cold start issue, and to adjust the doors.
          If you could put both of them together, now that would be a great UTV.

Comment

Originally posted by BRUTE 23 View Post

I hated the doors, until I realized that I no longer got mud slung on me and cold air wasn’t circulating around my Legs like they do in the can am.

Minor PITA having to reach outside for the latch when you’re doing ranch chores but their benefit imo outweighs the bad. I didn’t know they were easy to remove either.

Comment

Our Ranger is 4 years old. Runs great, rides even better. Much better than the Mule we had

Comment

Originally posted by 270Sendero View Post
                Our Ranger is 4 years old. Runs great, rides even better. Much better than the Mule we had
                Which Mule did you have?

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                  I bought a new 2022 northstar ultimate in February 22. I had a oil leak at the crankshaft seal at 15 hours. Dealer didn’t even have a fix for it at that time. The ride command kept turning off and rebooting. Other than that it was great. I would still buy one. They both have their positives and negatives. My 22.5 can am is at the dealer now for a/c controller, coolant leak, cold start issue, and to adjust the doors.
                  If you could put both of them together, now that would be a great UTV.
                  We had a 570 for a few years and it was a pretty solid machine with just a few minor problems. Bil bought a new 2021 1000 and within 3 months had went through 3 axles and a laundry list of other small problem. Spent more time at the dealership than at the house. Then seeing what some of the other guys have gone through at the lease with theirs no thanks.

Never had a single problem besides fuel pump on my fxt and my can am has been problem free so far. Think I'm fixn to get another battery for it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                    Which Mule did you have?
                    Big difference between the older mules and the fxts. I compared the ride of the fxt to kinda like riding in one of the older Lincoln Town cars or Cadillacs just kinda floats over the rough stuff. It's much smoother riding over rough terrain than what my can am is

Comment

Been pretty lucky on my 22 Polaris Texas edition. Really wanted a mule but was impossible to get a hold of one in 2021, so settled for the Polaris. I have had zero issues but than again it has not been over 15 mph. What I really like about it is the bed. Without a forklift I guess I am able to put about 800lbs of corn or protein before it starts rolling off the side. It is a tank and serves its purpose for working.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                        Big difference between the older mules and the fxts. I compared the ride of the fxt to kinda like riding in one of the older Lincoln Town cars or Cadillacs just kinda floats over the rough stuff. It's much smoother riding over rough terrain than what my can am is
                        That's why I asked. Everyone says mine rides like a Cadillac also.

Comment

I've been using a '22 Mule Pro FX around my 21 acres for all kinds of work/feeding/hunting/winching/etc. The only thing that I hate about it is the plastic tailgate. Other than that it's been perfect for what I need. We use it everyday. The can ams were out of my price range for similar machine. Everybody I know with a ranger is always taking them to the shop or picking them up from the shop. Maybe just bad luck?

Comment

I switched from Rangers to CanAm primarily because that is what you see all of the duck guides using now days. They put them through the ringer. Mine is a 2020 and zero problems.

That being said I’ve ridden in a new FXT and I have zero bad things to say about it. It’s a nice machine and a dang smooth ride. I will say that the FXT will fit in tighter spots, but you also give up some hauling space.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              I've been using a '22 Mule Pro FX around my 21 acres for all kinds of work/feeding/hunting/winching/etc. The only thing that I hate about it is the plastic tailgate. Other than that it's been perfect for what I need. We use it everyday. The can ams were out of my price range for similar machine. Everybody I know with a ranger is always taking them to the shop or picking them up from the shop. Maybe just bad luck?

How’s the hunting been on your 21 acres Chew? You able to consistently see deer on your place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Following

Comment

Working...
                                X