Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polaris Ranger or Can Am Defender or Kawasaki pro fxt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    Honda for reliability. Being able to treat it more like an off road machine.

Can-Am for comfort and smooth ride. Stay mainly on roads. It's more like a car.

Polaris if you like regrets.

Kaw Fxt - I have no experience with these.
    Do what ?
    If we are talking about utility , Honda doesn’t hold a candle next to a defender.

Comment

I guide on a ranch with 3 other hunters that run the Rangers. I have a 2021 Can Am Defender max crew xt10, Everyone that returns to the ranch wants to ride in my buggy due to it riding smoother and more room. One guy has same year as me, but a ranger and his pully belt, and the pulley system(idle pulley) or what ever its called that makes the buggy go went out on his about 3 weeks ago. I had one hunter this year wanted to by mine on the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
        I bought everything for my tie down system from etrailer.com. since my trailer is 16 feet, I bought 4 pieces of etrack, each 8 feet in length and ran them the entire length of the trailer. Did I need to have it all the way down the trailer? No, but I can use the etrack to strap down anything else on the trailer, like a cooler for example. I also think the longer length adds some strength as well. I did drill through each frame cross member all the way down the trailer and then used 8 backing plates, 4 per side in other sections of the etrack.
        For the tie downs, I bought two wheel chocks that connect right into the etrack and then I strap each tire with a 12 foot long, 3 inch strap. The machine does not even move when all 4 tires are strapped down and doing it this way allows the suspension to move with the bumps going down the road.

On another note. I also bought the windshield cover from Profab Outdoors and it is a really nice padded cover that has two straps that connect on the inside of the windshield. It protects the windshield from rock chips going down the road. The replacement cost for a windshield is pushing $1000 dollars so the cover is cheap insurance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

They also sell the chock/tie down systems with small pieces of E-Track which is what I have on my UTV trailer. Works Great.

Love your setup.

To the OP: Drive them all and buy the one you like. I've had or been around most and they are all pretty good depending on what you want it for. We have a Polaris general now but next one might be a Can-Am of some flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
          Do what ?
          If we are talking about utility , Honda doesn’t hold a candle next to a defender.
          ok.
          To be fair I haven't owned my Can-am long enough to know about engine issues or other issues (like how easy boots get torn, brakes, etc) although my light switch went out already. And I swear sticks longer than 24" are magnetized to shoot under it and then pop up and hit mainly the shield (one through the floor).

But I have had my Honda for a long time and use it for all the rough stuff and it never breaks. It clears more objects and sticks don't ram up under it.

Can -am at least feels more plastic like. And it's for sure can't clear objects near as well since the wheel base is longer and it sits lower.

Comment

Canam Defender 100%!

If interested....

Comment

I have owned Polaris, Kawasaki, and Yamaha SxS's.
              My best luck has been with Yamahas.

Worst has been Polaris.

Comment

The new Defenders with the 30 inch tires have 14 inches of ground clearance. It is noticeably higher off the ground than the previous years models that had 27 inch tires.
                With the new 2 inch forward arched a-arms I am thinking you could run 33's with no problem but the 30's will be perfect for my liking.

Comment

I saw a new Honda the other day. Definitely worth looking at.

Comment

I have a 2018 Ranger 570. it is bone stock, and it has not given a minute of trouble. It probably wouldn't climb Pike's Peak or go under water, but I don't need that. It will haul people in every seat with 600 lbs of corn and a ladder in the back. It suits my needs, and I bought it new for $10,000.

Comment

if you want a cab w/hvac Can Am
                      if you want tighter turning and easier trailering Mule Pro

Comment

Originally posted by chicken fried View Post
                        I saw a new Honda the other day. Definitely worth looking at.
                        If Honda had a fully integrated cab like the CanAm I would taken a serious look at it as they make a great machine.

Comment

I am looking hard a the Mule FXT for later this year, I think it will suit my needs better. A buddy has a Canam defender he loves and it beats the mule on power no doubt.

Comment

I love my 22.5 defender max, lots of room and power.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                              I love my 22.5 defender max, lots of room and power.
                              Great looking machine!

Comment

A Mule Pro is a little over 800cc, and Can Am HD10 is pushing up on 1000cc. It's not really a brand deal. [emoji1787]

Both will have more power than traction down low. It's just a matter of if you want to do 45mph or 65mph top end.

If you want to haul butt with 30"+ plus tires... more power... bigger motor... the better.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X