How much is a cow & calf worth hit by a drunk driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
    Some of you folks must be Ridin with Biden. Always wanting something for free. Pay the replacement cost, fix what was torn up, have the ranch truck fixed, and whoop that kid’s *** real good.
    Hallalurrryah

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
      Some of you folks must be Ridin with Biden. Always wanting something for free. Pay the replacement cost, fix what was torn up, have the ranch truck fixed, and whoop that kid’s *** real good.
      Yep, only reverse the order of that list.

Comment

Replacement cost

Comment

Lots more to it than just replacing a good heifer out of your stock that you planned to keep.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            No it wouldn’t, fair is fair. If it were my son I’d offer the man a nice cow/calf pair, and another young heifer, I think that’s fair, and would accept it if things were reversed.

The man has been inconvenienced, and trespassed upon, and he deserves compensation for that.

10 years of calves is moronic.

My son would also be fixing a hell of a lot of fence for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Agree with this 100% especially on anything more than replacement. Lawyers have done a number on a large part of our society.

Comment

[QUOTE=rolylane6;16492937]I agree with this. If we could get back dealing fair with each other instead of everyone looking for a "payday", we'd all be better off for it

I agree, but when I made a similar statement about a guy wanting to go after HD for a parking lot incident ........... I got some hater-mail and told such sentiment had no place on this forum.

Comment

Well, maybe there is some sentimental value to add to that man's favorite cow that he spent months stump breaking. You know, pain and suffering and all that bidnez.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                  I think it needs to be more than market value. You never know how a cow will pan out over 10 years. I lease my two places and have seen a cow die from prolapse and have also seen a brangus give up her calf last year at around 2 months and this year she totally rejected her new calf. There's always a chance you might not get what you had.

You’d be better off if a drunk hit your cows and paid you market value.

Comment

I don’t know what it will cost but that kid has got a story to tell…

Comment

I would settle for double replacement $ to pay for what I had in her in feed & medicines, the calf, her next calf, and sale barn commissions, hauling, and some uncertainty I would get just as good of cow.

Just my opinion.

Comment

The first thing I’d want is to see the video! Had to be a bad *** ride! Grand kid stories!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          10 years of calves is moronic.

Nailed it. Why stoP at 10? Make it 100! 1000?! 1,000,000? Lol.

Geez.

Fair replacement cost and move on.

Comment

On the one hand I agree that the additional 10 calves is overbord

On the other hand a good solid hit on the pocket book might just make them consider not letting an underage kid drink and drive.(if I read that right)

Dang lucky it was just livestock and not human life in my opinion

Think I would just take replacement cost and shut down the "shortcut" across my place to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                              On the one hand I agree that the additional 10 calves is overbord

On the other hand a good solid hit on the pocket book might just make them consider not letting an underage kid drink and drive.(if I read that right)

Dang lucky it was just livestock and not human life in my opinion

Think I would just take replacement cost and shut down the "shortcut" across my place to everyone.
                              Now I'd have no problem with replacement cost and put the kid to work on the ranch for 10 years!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've thought about this before a lot when we had lots of hunters.
                                If I shot a calf that the cattle guy was going to get $900 in a few months at the sale barn he would be far better off with me shooting and paying him $900. I'd think he'd be pleased if I shot them all as his work would be done. No hauling, feeding, counting, giving shots, etc.

Just cash up front. If they were my calves I'd say shoot them as soon as they're born and pay up.

Comment

Working...
                                X