No announcement yet.

How much is a cow & calf worth hit by a drunk driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be shocked if insurance paid anything. He was not on a public road.

You can ask they pay for the cow and calf and hopefully they will. I'd ask for $1200 for the cow and $900-1000 for the calf depending on age. A younger calf would be less.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      Market price for the animals is all that’s owed.
      This. Why would they pay 10 years of calving? Take the market value and buy another cow and still get 10 years of calving.

Now asking for a little time/frustration that it takes to go buy and get delivered a new cow is debatable.

And what does the being drunk part have to do with anything? Should be the same if he was 100% sober.
      Last edited by RiverRat1; 11-07-2022, 12:27 PM.

Comment

The same as they were before they got hit.

Where the hell did you dream up 10 years of calves for each??

Comment

replacement cost. All depends on how much it cost to replace the livestock. Some can get very expensive. I my breeds and sells their calves between 7-10K at auction. if it was a cow or their bull it would be big bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I'm with you on the 10 years. make them buy you two replacements and or heifers and in 18 months you will start getting money back. If your cow was 10 years old, it would need to be sold in the next couple years anyway IMHO

Comment

I hope it gets worked out. I don't know how it would pan out but I am betting maket value.

Comment

Definitely just market for value

Comment

2k walk away

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I didn’t dream that up the briscoe ranch dreamed that up when one of my hunters tagged a cow and I turned it over to our liability insurance

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                      I didn’t dream that up the briscoe ranch dreamed that up when one of my hunters tagged a cow and I turned it over to our liability insurance

Briscoe was putting the screws to an insurance company loaded with citiots....

Comment

I had a friend that was in Vietnam, he said you didn't want to run over a chicken over there, cause you weren't just buying that chicken, you were paying for all the eggs it was ever going to produce and the eggs that it's offspring would produce. Luckily this ain't Vietnam ����

Comment

Why does it matter if he were drunk or not doesn’t shift responsibility any at all.

Comment

It's an insurance claim on the trucks policy.

Actual cash value of the cows is owed.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Proof that he was drunk goes to establish the kid was negligent, which allows the ranch owner to recover actual damages (basically what it costs to replace the 2 cows).

Proof of him driving drunk can also be used to establish gross negligence on the kids part, which allows a victim to recover punitive and/or exemplary damages (additional money to punish the kid or to make an example of him to dissuade others from driving drunk).

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac View Post
                                Proof that he was drunk goes to establish the kid was negligent, which allows the ranch owner to recover actual damages (basically what it costs to replace the 2 cows).

Proof of him driving drunk can also be used to establish gross negligence on the kids part, which allows a victim to recover punitive and/or exemplary damages (additional money to punish the kid or to make an example of him to dissuade others from driving drunk).
                                You can be negligent and sober.

Comment

Working...
                                X