Retirement age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
    I plan on being out of the corporate world in 3 years and investing in real estate full time. I’m 41 now and own several rentals and make as much in real state as my full time job (6 figures). I guess I could quit my W2 now if I wanted. Once I do that I can work from anywhere. Not retired per se, it I love it so I’m good with that. I’ll be financially free in less than 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeppers!!! [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] The corporate grind got real in my early 40s also. Had all the bells and whistles also but it was not in my heart anymore.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I will semi retire in 2 years at 52 and then work my second career until 70 and be completely done. I should have plenty of money to do what I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        Yeppers!!! [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] The corporate grind got real in my early 40s also. Had all the bells and whistles also but it was not in my heart anymore.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Yep. I’m starting to despise the corporate grind. Buyin as much profitable real estate as I can. Gotta get that snowball extra large!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGeek View Post
          With the current drop in my 401k, I now need to add another 5 years 😢
          THIS ^^^^^^ Never known a Democratic administration that couldn't ruin a good economy....

Comment

Never intended to retire, but when you are accused by a parent of child abuse as a SE teacher, I said done. Last day was May 22, 2020. Wife had retired in Jan. Both of us were 67. Loving retirement, our mutual funds, not so much.

Comment

Hate that Mudslinger. Teaching is a tough gig that most will never understand.

Comment

Retirement age?

I retired at 50, then like DA, I unretired at 59. [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Last edited by Bisch; 11-01-2022, 08:52 PM.

Comment

My wife is a teacher & she is not staying in it long enough to retire. She’s about done
                  Too many politics, curriculum chaos, bad parents & lack of disciplined kids

Comment

I retired from Texas Instrument's with 35yrs with company, I was 53. 66 now still loving it.

God Bless
                    Bish

Comment

Originally posted by jbw899 View Post
                      In about 10 years, at 45. Starting getting into FIRE a few years ago and it is going well.
                      Love to hear that! I’ve been working on fire the last few years and am starting to see some results. Can’t wait until I can spend more time with friends and family and of course more time in the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                        My wife is a teacher & she is not staying in it long enough to retire. She’s about done
                        Absolute truth.

Comment

It is fun working when you do not have to. I think it may keep you sharp also.

I only work Friday - Sunday and have the weekdays for my hobbies.

Never the less, my organization knows to lay me off vs laying off a younger person who needs it. We have not had chaff (substandard employees) for over a decade now as my industry went through a major consolidation. I was told a package was available if I wanted but I have decided to decline. My SSR would be max and the only real benefit for working is my spouse (9 years younger) and adult dependent get health insurance. Maybe I will change my mind come new years but probably not.

Comment

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UVqtXX6LbM4"]Mike Rowe | The Ben Shapiro Show Sunday Special Ep. 12 - YouTube[/ame]

It’s long I know. If you must skip, ~40:00 would be a good start. Dare you not to watch the whole thing. Probably shouldn’t do it on the “job”. Be blessed!
                            Last edited by rbsears; 11-01-2022, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                              I completely understand her decision. I sure wish she didn't have to. She's one of the one's we need to stay. It's the others that need to go. I wish I new the answer to giving the good ones the support they need to stay in it.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

51 for me… it’s been close to a year since I pulled the plug and it’s nice to not be on the clock

Comment

Working...
                                X