No announcement yet.

Retirement age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 if I can hang on another 18 years. I’ll have 36 years in.

Comment

1/5/2024

Comment

Never even thought about it. I love being busy and spending money.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Getting laid off in January this year really screwed up my retirement timeline.

No contributions since and a big withdraw will probably put me at retiring when I am 109.

Congrats to you all that set yourselves up right.

J

Comment

I’m sure what y’all consider financially stable but my parents won’t be able to retire they would drive me nuts

Comment

turned 50 this year and worked in healthcare for the last 18 years. Ill work till noon the day of my funeral.

Comment

I'd like to retire by 60 or a year or two after that.

I heard a financial planner one time speak about retirement and he said somthing similar to this.

The typical retirement can be broken down into 3 aging buckets - 60's, 70's and 80's.

In your 60's, you typically are still in good shape physically and mentally and for the most part, can do what you did in your 50's. It's a great time for traveling because of your physical condition and lower dependency on medical care.

In your 70's, your health begins to decline and medically, you start to become more dependent on Doctors and medical care. Traveling is still an option, although, not as good as it once was.

In your 80's, you begin to rely heavily on medical care and physically can't get around like you used to. The option of traveling becomes less and less as your dependencies for the help from others increases.

The question comes down to, which one of those buckets would you want to start retirement? Obviously, the above buckets are loaded with generalizations, although it sort of follows the average life expectancy.

Comment

The goal is to retire in my 50's, we shall see what happens between now and then.

Comment

I'm 53 and I just did

Comment

I retired at 65-1/2 and that was 11 years ago. I had to work until I had enough in my 401K to see me thru til death do us part and that was not enough since Biden has doubled my cost of living in the last year. If I end up living too long I may have to get a job at Walmart.

Comment

38 now. Would like to be retired in 15 years or so. If a few things fall my way, I think that is doable. Time will tell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was 55, (60 now). There are some doors that open at 55 and after that are not available prior to that. My pension will drop by approx. the SS payout at 62 l, so I will be taking mine at 62. There are some limitation on SS that I will under the limits for, so I should all that I am eligible for then.

Biggest issue so far has been my medical insurance premium has double in last 5 years. Currently
                          Shopping plans now to see if I can lower the monthly bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            Never even thought about it. I love being busy and spending money.

If we all had your money. We would burn ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                              If we all had your money. We would burn ours.
                              No that's why I keep working

Comment

Define financially sound. It is different for everybody.
                                I have been financially sound for quite a few years but am planning to work until I am 65, 4 more years, mostly due to being eligible for Medicare. If it were not for the high cost of health insurance I may have done it a few years ago.
                                However, I really enjoy my career and as long as I am enjoying it, up until I am 65, I will continue to make a difference in my company.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X