No announcement yet.

Retirement age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turned 54 today and will have my youngest kid out of grad school in May so we will be looking at retirement fairly soon. Been in the education business for 31 years now and looking hard at retirement.

Comment

As long as demoncrats are running this joint, never.

Comment

Retired in 1988

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
          Turned 54 today and will have my youngest kid out of grad school in May so we will be looking at retirement fairly soon. Been in the education business for 31 years now and looking hard at retirement.
          Thats pretty much the same boat I'm in. My daughter will be starting grad school though. This is year 29 in education for me and when she gets out, I probably will too. If I can make it that long!!

Comment

I’m aiming at 63. I can semi-retire and work a little bit for as long as I want. I’ll probably work part time for 2-3 more years then call it quits.

Comment

I retired at 50 and highly recommend it.

Comment

I would retire As soon as I was financially able hell with age. 58 for me 4 years ago & my wife will retire at end of year also at 58. Nothing like retirement. Do as you please when you want!!

Comment

49 years

Comment

Unless something changes Im retiring at the next oil crash. The next year or so will determine whether I will be broke the rest of my life or not haha

On edit: a few qualifiers, I am self employed and already in a position to live on a very low income and I live a low cost lifestyle. Like others here, I want to be physically able to do things when Im retired, not old and worn out. And retirement to me doesnt necessarily mean not working, it just means not being tethered to a job 5+ days a week. I like to work and build etc. Will likely physically work harder in retirement than I do now.
                    Last edited by miket; 11-01-2022, 10:08 AM.

Comment

ASAP.. Life is short..

Comment

I will retire at 52 in January. Not financially (or mentally) sound...but I'm good with it.

Comment

If financially sound, ASAP. That could mean 22 or 62, key words are financially sound. Plenty of crap to do without work getting in the way.

As for eligibility, depends on your actual job I assume. So with that, the first day I met 2 of the following: eligible, financially sound, dead.

Comment

I became chronically unemployed at age 53. I am going to stop looking for a job and retire at 65.

Comment

I was going to retire at 57 but was not ready in my mind. I loved my job and only worked 14 days a month. My wife is a CFO for a company and was not ready either. I hurt my back and my doctor told me to hang it up so I had LTD insurance that paid 60 % of my base pay tax free. So the company I worked for was excellent in helping me get on LTD and I left at 61. I was planning on going at 62 no matter what but the LTD insurance payment is paying the bills so life is good.

Comment

I am 52 and was planning on just another year or 2 but between the stock market, healthcare cost and inflation I will likely add 1 or 2 more years. If i had been a little smarter in my 20’s I would already be retired but didn’t start saving until early 30’s.

Comment

Working...
                                X