Smallest Pond You've Killed Ducks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IOWA BOW HUNTER View Post
    Ive shot them out of an old farm houses abandoned pool before. Was right next to a corn field. I think they leveled it since.

That’s awesome man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      I hunted in the valley years ago and walked around rotating between small ponds jump shooting them.

My question is why would you make the pond only 6” deep???
      Everything i read online said to make the duck pond between 6"-12" so you can drain/plant/flood every season

Comment

Around 2011, I read an article about a guy trying to duck hunt during the drought. He took a large sheet of black plastic (or a blue tarp, I can't remember which), put it out over his dry grassy tank, anchored it with rocks and put decoys on it to draw in the ducks. Sure enough, they came. And he shot them. With no water in his tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
          Around 2011, I read an article about a guy trying to duck hunt during the drought. He took a large sheet of black plastic (or a blue tarp, I can't remember which), put it out over his dry grassy tank, anchored it with rocks and put decoys on it to draw in the ducks. Sure enough, they came. And he shot them. With no water in his tank.

I know some guys that did that out west during that drought and shot ducks over the tarps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Angelina county years ago, maybe 2,000 sf natural pond on the edge of a clear cut in a creek bottom. Never seen anything like it before or after. Woodies by the hundreds at last light

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
              My son and I did good on this private pond in January last season. This was the only time the pond was hunted all season.

http://youtu.be/hsqY-N00yfM
              Nice hunt….those three ducks on the right side of the tailgate were gadwall, two drakes and a hen.

Comment

I have a wide hole on a creek. 8'X16' that always has woodies on it.

Comment

Working...
                X