No announcement yet.

Let’s talk TVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony is still the gold standard in quality as far as their TVs go. All ours are Sony

Comment

I'll also throw out there that sony has the best video processing and upscaling. If you are mostly watching content from a cable or satellite provider that image is going to have better clarity and color on a sony than any other tv out there. The gap really narrows among the competition if your mostly streaming 4k content. But sony has figured out how to take a 720p image and make it look 4k better than anyone.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by JBJTX81; 10-24-2022, 09:38 PM.

Comment

All my research when I bought one this year everyone said buy Samsung

Sure miss those days of being able to hunt a lease for a nominal cost that didn’t create greed and a feeling of despair if you didn’t kill something!

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
          I'll also throw out there that sony has the best video processing and upscaling. If you are mostly watching content from a cable or satellite provider that image is going to have better clarity and color on a sony than any other tv out there. The gap really narrows among the competition if your mostly streaming 4k content. But sony has figured out how to take a 720p image and make it look 4k better than anyone.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
          It’ll be streaming Netflix, Amazon, etc. And then normal TV from our cable provider.

Comment

Matt for your stated budget, this is by far going to be your best bang for the buck.

We have 4 of these in the house, including one outside. The one outside is the 6 series because I wanted the full panel array rather than edge lit and so it would be brighter and sharper, and it does not disappoint. We stream 4k to it and out Sony that’s inside and I’d be hard pressed to say the picture is much if any better than the TCL.

You can buy the TCL on Amazon or I’m sure they have them at BB as well.

Look at the Amazon reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Another one on our list. Comes with a free 5 year warranty.

Thanks for the suggestions. Looking at all options. There’s a lot. I need a drink

Comment

Samsung/Sony are top of the line but you're still paying for a name. I've got the 55 TCL roku TV and it's been great for cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by low_tec View Post
                  I have 3 LG tv’s, 1-55” and 2-65” all have been great, next one will be a 75” LG
                  We have 2 LG`s also. Great picture quality.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                    We like our samsung for sure but get a firetv or something else for streaming. The built in apps and remote are pretty poor.

And budget for an external speaker too.
                    I bought a Samsung and I hated the remote and apps. Every time I turned it on it was like a new experience trying to find a channel to watch. I ended up buying a Vizio.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      We got the QN85 75” on sale for $1800 earlier this year. It’s the Neo QLED display, and it’s been outstanding. I’d bet they run a similar (or better) sale in November, but I’d go Samsung all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                        We got the QN85 75” on sale for $1800 earlier this year. It’s the Neo QLED display, and it’s been outstanding. I’d bet they run a similar (or better) sale in November, but I’d go Samsung all the way.
                        Trying to decide if sales are worth waiting on. Lol

Comment

i made the mistake of buying both a samsung and a sony in the past, spent well over a grand on both of them, i will not be dumb enough to ever do it again,,, after harvey flood i bought a 65" hisense from wally world for about 400, and it has been a much better tv and to my eyes the picture is no different at all,,,, it does everything the more expensive trash will do for a lot less money,,, if it ever quits i will go buy another one just like it,,,,

Comment

We just got a new TV in the summer. Went with the LG OLED 77" C2. It's thin and light, total weight I think it 49#. It's pretty awesome. We never had a TV like this before.

Comment

Only 2 maybe 3 companies in the world make TV’s they just change the outside. Find the best pic at the best price. Every single high end tv has a cheaper version that has the same exact components

Comment

You will be happy with Samsung, Sony or Sharp.

As stated, i would exclude the need for "smart TV" on your shopping list. The built in interface is clunky and rarely updated. I would supplement this as mentioned with a firestick. They are cheap and most popular "plug and play" streaming device.

As stated, i would get your list kind of narrowed down and wait until black friday. Deals will be smoking, jump than.

While unboxing your TV, video or photograph the event. It is very common for large screen tv's to come out of the box broken. A good retailer will exchange them, online retailers may be more challenging. I've had this happen more times than i can count.

Comment

Working...
                                X