Man I screwed up this evening..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okiepighunter View Post
    good luck on the deer! yall b hating on Big Lee lol can i defend him just a lil...
    most states require a minimum draw weight for this reason correct?? if a kid can pull the required DW then age doesnt matter! im sure Big Lee agrees with that
    FPS of rifle projectile is same regardless of age/strength of shooter

Comment

good luck on the deer! yall b hating on Big Lee lol can i defend him just a lil...
      most states require a minimum draw weight for this reason correct?? if a kid can pull the required DW then age doesnt matter! im sure Big Lee agrees with that
      What if she was shooting a crossbow? The op said he had good blood and owned the mistake of jumping the deer. NOTHING about the kid was off!

Comment

Man I hate to hear that. I have been in those shoes more than once, including this years elk hunt. A full day of searching and finding nothing, because we wanted to see what the blood looked like where the elk laid down for 10 minutes after running two arrows through him.

Sorry for your daughter OP. There is a good lesson in this ending though. We, as hunters, care more about the game than any anti-hunter could ever dream.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. It happens to all of us. And it never gets any easier.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            Man I hate to hear that. I have been in those shoes more than once, including this years elk hunt. A full day of searching and finding nothing, because we wanted to see what the blood looked like where the elk laid down for 10 minutes after running two arrows through him.

Sorry for your daughter OP. There is a good lesson in this ending though. We, as hunters, care more about the game than any anti-hunter could ever dream.
            You must not be mature enough to hunt yet

You bow hunt long enough you’ll learn it’s not always a success story after releasing that arrow

Comment

Yeah because grown ups never make a bad decision/shot.

Comment

Dang tough break ! I was really hoping that she would find him this morning.

Comment

That’s a good looking doggo

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                    That’s a good looking doggo

I’m pretty sure the owners will want him back . He is house broke . Loves the kids and is very well behaved. If no one claims him we will keep him if he sticks around.

Comment

Man, I'm real sorry you didn't find the deer! Hope some way you'll still be able to recover it.

Comment

Maybe this story ends with a nice euro mount on her wall. Until then, chin up. Tell her keep slinging arrows.

Comment

I'd bring in a dog but do it soon. Got rain coming in today.

I bet he's piled up somewhere nearby. Good luck!

Comment

yall b hating on Big Lee lol can i defend him just a lil...
                            Well, goody for you, if it makes you feel better, but you're dead wrong in doing so. The man talks out of his arse, and you're actually gonna try to provide cover for him?
                            It's worth noting that he hasn't rolled back thru this thread to clarify, or recant, his idiotic comments

Comment

Awesome job dad getting your daughter out hunting!! I had a similar story with my daughter. Keep getting her out there and hunting. It happens to the best of us!!

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                                Well, goody for you, if it makes you feel better, but you're dead wrong in doing so. The man talks out of his arse, and you're actually gonna try to provide cover for him?
                                It's worth noting that he hasn't rolled back thru this thread to clarify, or recant, his idiotic comments

He hasn't been back on to do so yet. He might be hunting since he's of age to do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X