No announcement yet.

19 Days to Kill - Live!!! New Mexico, East Tx, North Tx, Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats y’all, great hunt and write up.

Comment

Only 1 doe for us this evening.
      Definitely out of the ordinary for our place.

We’ll be back at it in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Roar View Post
        That is awesome!
        Great thread, story, pics, and vid

It ain't always about score, but from a visual sizing comparison/knowledge. What did the two bulls score?
        Thanks for following along.
        Justin’s bull was 295” and some change.

I never asked the score of mine. It clearly wasn’t 300”, but it didn’t matter when he stepped out after the escapade we went thru to get a shot at him.

Comment

any update on the Whitetail hunt?

and congrats on the ELK!

Comment

Is that alfalfa bale's broke up on the ground? How do they like it?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

Some how I missed this thread until now.

Congrats gents on two great bulls.

I’ll be following along from here.

They seem to be getting pretty frisky earlier than normal this year, at least from what we have seen so far. Had a mature (but not mature enough) ten this morning on a doe, like a duck on a junebug. Seeing that same type activity on cameras as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeM View Post
                any update on the Whitetail hunt?

and congrats on the ELK!
                Thanks Jake!
                I dropped the ball on updating. I actually flew back to work a week ago.
                I fly home Wednesday and I’ll be back live Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                  Is that alfalfa bale's broke up on the ground? How do they like it?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
                  Yes sir.
                  They absolutely hammer it at our lease. And they love to bed in it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
                    Thanks Jake!
                    I dropped the ball on updating. I actually flew back to work a week ago.
                    I fly home Wednesday and I’ll be back live Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.
                    Sounds good! I’ll be keeping an eye out.

Comment

Let’s get this 2nd leg kicked off!!!

I just landed in Houston and I’ve got Whitetail on my mind.
                      Who am I kidding! I honestly can’t quit thinking about big bulls screaming in the distance, BUT, it’s deer season and we got tags to fill so I’m about to scratch that itch.
                      I’m headed to Lufkin to eat lunch with Summer, run a few errands, and then picking up my 13 year old nephew, Cason, for his first ever archery white tail hunt. We’ll be posted up in the Neches River Bottom on my MLD lease, so if you see a rifle on standby in any of the pics, just mind your business. Plan B is never a bad idea.
                      I’ll be on the video camera hoping to film his first bow kill and I’m pretty excited about it. We’ve got plenty of doe tags to fill and even more does to kill.
                      Also got a few mature management bucks on the target list. Maybe if we are lucky, one will make an appearance.

We are mainly focusing on does and management deer this week as we really don’t have any trophy type bucks on camera, yet. My main target bucket disappeared the first week of September, but I’m optimistic that he’ll be back looking for love within the next 2 weeks.

I do however, for the first time in my life, have a Mega Doe that I have decided to pursue at some point this year. She is Massive! (See Pics)

We’ll hunt hard today and tomorrow and then Talen and I will leave early Friday morning for the Texas State Fair with his Beefmaster Hefier. We’ll be back Monday evening to hunt the River Bottom Tuesday-Thursday.

I’ll keep it as live as possible and pic heavy. Stay tuned!!!

Few pics of our Management Hit List Bucks and Said Mega Doe…

The Bulldog… 5 yr old

Pre broken brow tine.

Comb Over… 6 yr Old

2021 Pic / Hence the name…

Mature 6 Point…

Target Spike…

Mega Doe…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Hsbtgarcia; 10-12-2022, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Settled in a little late.
                          Plans changed for my nephew. He is a diehard baseball player and had pitching lessons with a new coach this evening so his hunt is postponed till Tuesday.

I’m flying solo this evening. Summer and T had Church and Bryce is working night shift.

I’m posted up in an elevated Krivoman over looking a feeder pen in a big hardwood flat. Got a SW wind blowing in my face.
                          Feeder should spin at 5:30. Fresh alfalfa in the pen and skeeters are minimal at the moment.

The Bulldog buck frequents this stand periodically. Maybe he’ll show up this evening.

Comment

My set…

Comment

It’s HOT!!!

Windows are open and I’m getting a minuscule of a breeze.

Stepped on a ton of acorns walking to the stand. Got some fresh scrapes around the feeder pen.

Hoping for a productive evening hunt.

In other news…
                              Justin finished putting all of our footage together for what looks to be an awesome video.
                              I watched the first 2 minutes of it, but had to pause it due to low battery life on the phone.

I’m anxious to see how it turned out and I’ll post it up to share with everyone.

Comment

2 does coming in.

Comment

Working...
                                X