New World Record long distance shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I can get along with that. If they had been shooting at it for 2 months, and 500 rds before a hit…I’d say that was a lot of luck. 68 rds ain’t THAT much luck at 4.4 miles, for my dollar. I appreciate your view, and willingness to have an actual discussion about it.

The fact remains, it had never been done until a few weeks ago, and only 1 group has done it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll be curious to see what happens now. I fully expect other groups to try the exact same thing but to extend the distance in small increments. Will 69 shots be the standard? If someone extends it to 4.5 miles but takes 300 shots do we say they beat the record? Does it feel more like dumb luck at that point? It's all a very interesting topic, with lots of room for varying opinions and conclusions, which I think is why it's generating such a good conversation on here.

Comment

That's a long way for an arrow to travel.

No one said it yet....

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
        I'll be curious to see what happens now. I fully expect other groups to try the exact same thing but to extend the distance in small increments. Will 69 shots be the standard? If someone extends it to 4.5 miles but takes 300 shots do we say they beat the record? Does it feel more like dumb luck at that point? It's all a very interesting topic, with lots of room for varying opinions and conclusions, which I think is why it's generating such a good conversation on here.

I hope a lot of people try it, the problem is we won’t hear about it until someone beats or matches it. I don’t worry about Records in this regard, it’s all unofficial anyway.

I absolutely respect the guys as mentioned above hitting 4-4 cold at 2550yds, and the young lady from the link I posted yesterday with a bomb cold bore shot.there are plenty of verifiable legit records in that world, all very impressive.

What I appreciate about this 4.4 mile thing, is how close they are operating to the edge of the equipment’s limitstions. Not to mention human limitation.

How long ago was 2 miles thought of the same as this 4.4? 4 years? 7 years? I don’t know, but in 4 or 7 years, will they be consistent at 4 miles, will the one time record be 6 miles? How close are we to the limits of a shoulder fired rifle as we know it?

Comment

I wonder why some of you weekend snipers on here don’t post up a 3 shot, 1 hole group from 800yds. If you can hit that spot once, there’s no reason for a clover leaf unless the first one was luck, right?

I'll post up mine if you post up your.

Heck, next time your in the Houston area, come out to the range that I'm a member of and we can stretch them out to 1000 yards.

Comment

Thanks for the link.

Pretty interesting that they used a Vortex scope, and Leupold rings. There's a ton of guys on here that spend 3X that much on glass and rings to shoot 800yards. Nightforce, Huskemaw, Talley, etc...
            You do realize they are shooting the new Gen 3 razor right? Do you know what it costs? It’s actually the quality line that vortex makes lol.

And Talley is garbage

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
              I savey pretty good. Its not that I don't know anything about the subject, I just don't feel the need to argue about them and call everyone with a differing opinion BS.
              Yeah you can’t call BS to the best of them BSer

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                You do realize they are shooting the new Gen 3 razor right? Do you know what it costs? It’s actually the quality line that vortex makes lol.

And Talley is garbage

No, I don’t.[emoji23] all I know is what I read here that they make junk and their customer service is awesome...though I do like my vortex stuff just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                  Yeah you can’t call BS to the best of them BSer
                  Yep, here is what Dale call BS.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shinola.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	24692902

Comment

If anyone can in the future shooting off their shoulder repeat hits on a man sized target at that range that would be scary and incredible at the same time.

Comment

At 7700 Yards?

It's very impressive that they were able to do it, but they have way too much time on their hands.
                      At 7700 yards, not many could hit a truck size target in 69 shots....but overall it does kinda all seem silly, but to each their own.

I do agree with Dale here....way too much spare time.

Comment

New World Record long distance shot

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                        At 7700 yards, not many could hit a truck size target in 69 shots....but overall it does kinda all seem silly, but to each their own.

I do agree with Dale here....way too much spare time.

We have one who said he could do it with “anything that would go that far”, then called it luck…

Last edited by Dale Moser; 09-22-2022, 03:09 PM.

Comment

We have one who said he could do it with “anything that would go that far”, then called it luck…

Yep, that would be me. I never claimed to have any special skills. I'd do the same thing they planned to do and fire 1000 bullets down range until one of them hit. You can do the same thing Dale.

Comment

No, I don’t.[emoji23] all I know is what I read here that they make junk and their customer service is awesome...though I do like my vortex stuff just fine.

Their razor line is solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                              Yep, that would be me. I never claimed to have any special skills. I'd do the same thing they planned to do and fire 1000 bullets down range until one of them hit. You can do the same thing Dale.
                              Not trying to be rude…but I bet the probability is that you wouldn’t hit that target in 1000 shots.

Comment

Question 1: how could you even see the target at 4.4 miles, even with a 35x scope?

Did they even see it?

Comment

Working...
                                X