X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post

Are you gonna shoulder mount and cape a rug of that beast?

Good skilling Mr85.
      I strongly debated a shoulder mount vs. a Euro and a rug but in the end decided on the Euro/Rug combination.

I would have to re-arrange my office to accommodate the head and the hide was so cool i didn't want to give it up to accommodate the mount so I went that route.

One day I hope to shoot another one and get a shoulder mount done.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
        They do this to protect the herd. Once one is wounded they will team up on it and basically kick it out of the herd so that it does not attract predators into the herd. They basically help the predators to take out the weaker animal and keep all the others safe.
        Thats what I was told as well.....poor thing was trying to die in peace and they were stomping on it, other bulls, cows, calves, etc....I get trying to cut it out of the herd but they were literally kicking a man when he was down and didn't want to leave, even when we started circling him with the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
          Agreed on Ashby's studies being relevant to African Game. The arrows he was building are used to take the Biggest and Toughest game on earth... animals that big, big guns are used to take.

My beef is with guys who act like a slow, heavy, extreme FOC arrow is the only way to success in the whitetail or elk woods and anyone using less is a fool. I'm not saying that a slow arrow with a single bevel broadhead will not work, it certainly will, but there is more than one way to skin a cat and the millions of deer and elk that have succumbed to a mechanical head and a sub 500 grain arrow proves that the "heavy way or no way" line of thinking is ignorant.

I just hope someone sees that since you can kill an adult buffalo with a regular whitetail setup; it saves him or herself time, money and mental stress wondering if their arrow is adequate for deer because some goon on Instagram said its marginal.
          Agree 100%..

I was shooting 70#'s with a 595 grain arrow and 19% FOC.. Yes way overkill for anything in the states, but this set up was the easiest to tune and was more accurate for me personally at longer distances. That is what I chose after many different arrow set ups. I have also killed hogs and deer with overdraws, short light arrows with no problem. To each his own on their set up as long as it works for that person.

After starting to bowhunt in 1972, I have seen a tremendous amount of changes in every piece of equipment used in bowhunting and have tried and used a ton of them over the years. I like to tinker and try out new things to see what works for me, not for anyone else unless they ask my opinion.

Use what you are comfortable with and confident with as long as it fits the animal you are hunting. That usually means any whitetail set up will work on 99% of NA big game!

Congrats on your Buffalo!

Comment

Indians killed a whole bunch with light poundage bows and arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Nice!!

And I enjoyed the ranch fairy jab. Lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
              I did as well, congrats !

Comment

Thats what I was told as well.....poor thing was trying to die in peace and they were stomping on it, other bulls, cows, calves, etc....I get trying to cut it out of the herd but they were literally kicking a man when he was down and didn't want to leave, even when we started circling him with the truck.
                Yep, after I shot mine the biggest baddest bull ran over and knocked him on his arse. Then started hammering him. Outfitter grabbed the truck and pulled up to scare the big bull off. Didn't want me having an unnecessary holes in the cape.

Comment

Congratulations on the awesome buffalo!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    Congratulations on the awesome buffalo!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Congrats OP on a heckuva bow kill ..

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mission408 View Post
                        Congrats, name of the outfitter used?
                        X2

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

So awesome!

Comment

I strongly debated a shoulder mount vs. a Euro and a rug but in the end decided on the Euro/Rug combination.

I would have to re-arrange my office to accommodate the head and the hide was so cool i didn't want to give it up to accommodate the mount so I went that route.

One day I hope to shoot another one and get a shoulder mount done.
                              Thats exactly what Idve done. I like euros alot more than shoulder mounts.
                              I was trying to think of something smartass to say about how much space that beast would occupy as a shoulder mount. ****it…make a horned office wingback swivel throne.

Comment

Working...
                              X