No announcement yet.

Hunting the mighty Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the buffalo? All I see are bison.

Comment

Nice!!

And I enjoyed the ranch fairy jab. Lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        I have one in the freezer right now, and while it’s pretty dang good, I won’t turn my nose up at venison!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well duh [emoji23][emoji2957]
        Lol

I like the tatonka when there’s a supply in the freezer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nicely done!!!

Comment

Man, that's cool! Thanks for the story and pictures. Keep em coming.

Why did they turn on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Congratulations again, but why spoil your wonderful story with a bash towards Troy or anyone else shooting more than 440grains. Wow..[emoji848]..[emoji1018]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I threw the jab because He and people like him have used their social media platform to cause a legion of bowhunters to lose faith in and question their equipment choices. They cause doubt and then in turn sell a solution to a problem that didn't exist.

I am not bashing anyone's choice to use an arrow that weighs more than 440 grains....I would shoot a heavier arrow if I had a longer draw length, but shooting a buffalo and getting a pass thru TWICE is proof that a typical whitetail set up is more than adequate for any 4-legged game in North America, and should prove that the majority of people shooting compound bows already have a great set-up and don't need to spend the time or the money building a specialty arrow or buying expensive custom two blade broadheads

And personally, I can't stand condescending rhetoric.... the "shoot adult arrows" slogan is one that really sticks in my craw, especially coming from a guy who bases his research off of shooting pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost10mm View Post

Why did they turn on it?

I don't know the real answer...you will see gobblers do it when one gets shot and I've seen it with Javalina's as well.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                  I threw the jab because He and people like him have used their social media platform to cause a legion of bowhunters to lose faith in and question their equipment choices. They cause doubt and then in turn sell a solution to a problem that didn't exist.

I am not bashing anyone's choice to use an arrow that weighs more than 440 grains....I would shoot a heavier arrow if I had a longer draw length, but shooting a buffalo and getting a pass thru TWICE is proof that a typical whitetail set up is more than adequate for any 4-legged game in North America, and should prove that the majority of people shooting compound bows already have a great set-up and don't need to spend the time or the money building a specialty arrow or buying expensive custom two blade broadheads

And personally, I can't stand condescending rhetoric.... the "shoot adult arrows" slogan is one that really sticks in my craw, especially coming from a guy who bases his research off of shooting pigs.

I would have liked to have seen the cavity and rib cage of that buffalo. Did you hit ribs on entry or exit? Not questioning your setups lethality because the proof is in the pudding. I just like to see what different setups do in different situations. I shoot 550 grains for everything from deer to elk. But my draw is 31 3/4” and I’m shooting 86lbs. I like to see what arrows are capable of out of today’s bows

Comment

Congrats, name of the outfitter used?

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                      I would have liked to have seen the cavity and rib cage of that buffalo. Did you hit ribs on entry or exit? Not questioning your setups lethality because the proof is in the pudding. I just like to see what different setups do in different situations. I shoot 550 grains for everything from deer to elk. But my draw is 31 3/4” and I’m shooting 86lbs. I like to see what arrows are capable of out of today’s bows
                      I’m sure that arrow is smoking out of that bow!

I’ll be completely honest, I didn’t look much at the rib cage after it was skinned out. I do know I hit one rib but don’t know which or what side it was on.

We killed another buffalo during the trip with a bow, 70 lb Mathews shooting what I guessed was around a 475-500 grain arrow and a magnus stinger and it got a pass thru as well at 20 yards
                      Last edited by txtrophy85; 09-10-2022, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Hunting the mighty Buffalo

Originally posted by Lost10mm View Post

Why did they turn on it?

When I shot mine we hunted in pairs because the guide said that when a bull gets wounded, the other bulls somehow know and go to beat up on him, almost the exact same as the way turkey gobblers do. It worked like a charm in our group twice. One guy would shoot a bull and the second guy got a shot at another bull coming I. To harass the injured one.

And I shot mine with a 55# Elite Pure and a 530gr FMJ tipped with a 150gr German Kinetic broadhead.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Last edited by Bisch; 09-10-2022, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Congrats on the bull!!!
                          Who did you hunt with? Was this guided?? Contact info??

Comment

Congrats! And that’s impressive arrow performance

Those little kudupoints are wicked

Comment

Congrats that's a great buff

Comment

Probably one of the dumbest animals to ever roam the Earth. I guess they had to be so Indians could kill them with sticks and sharp rocks.

They are good eating though. Congrats on getting one

Comment

Working...
                                X