X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McDonald’s

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
      Multiple people have brought up the Fish Net in Corpus, was that place at one time called Barnacle Bill's?

I remember some time in the later 80s, there was a place that opened up on SPID, I think near Webber, that had cheap sea food. I have been thinking that was Barnacle Bill's, but it might have been the Fish Net. I remember the food being cheap sea food, it was edible but definitely not great food.
      Don't know what it was before Fish Net but Barnacle Bill's was Bill Miller's grandsons.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
        That's one of those places, I just won't go back to, for any reason. The one in New Braunfels, the floor was so sticking, it was like walking on a very well prepped starting line. It would peel your shoes off, trying to walk around. They must pay off the local health inspector.

We refer to it as The Hog Trough.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          Don't know what it was before Fish Net but Barnacle Bill's was Bill Miller's grandsons.

I don’t think so. As far back as I can remember it has been Boat n Net. It has a serious cult following in Corpitos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Buffalo Wild Wings. Food is terrible and over priced. They got dude waiters. Sports bars should have all smoking hot chicks working there. Buffalo WW is however a great place to watch a ballgame of any kind.

Golden Corral…I leave there feeling miserable because I over eat. Ponchos same way and their sopapillas alone keep it from being valid entry on this discussion.

Comment

The places I hate going to, places I don't ever choose to go to, to eat. Usually wind up at, because I am in a group of people and someone else ch Theose the location.

Waffle House, Golden Corral, IHOP, and Bill Miller's. The first three, I hate walking into because those places usually have not been cleaned in years, your shoes stick to the floor, the are usually not very clean. IHOP is by far the cleanest of the those three. The two times I have tried to go into a Waffle House, I was not able to make it to the counter, with my shoes on, because they stuck to the floor and got ripped off my feet. That place is like someone put some Bad A traction compound down on their floors. Like they are the originators of pimp juice.
              But both times I went in a Waffle House, it was someone else's idea, they insisted that's where we were going to eat. I both time was stuck to the floor, just inside the front door. Took me at least five minutes to get to the counter.

Then Applebee's, and Cracker Barrel, would be next on the list. I would not say their food is horrible, just very lacking in taste/flavor.

The one place I can think of that 100% of time I have had problems with the food messing me up in one way or another, would be Bill Miller's. I like the taste of their fried chicken. I used to work next door to one of their locations. I tried to eat their fried chicken on multiple occasions, every time I got extremely sick, put me on the floor, in a lot of pain, within a couple hours later every time. That was 20 plus years ago.

We went to eat at the location in Seguin five years ago, I knew not to touch the chicken. I warned everybody before we went inside, don't order the chicken. So we got chopped beef sandwiches. We all had serious cases of the runs, shortly afterwards. I caught hell for taking the family there to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                Doesn't matter what I have there. I have to rush to a bathroom immediately!

Today. I was thankful for my RV. And not some random, questionable bathroom!

I hate to ruin a great story.....but if you or anybody has to rush to a bathroom immediately after eating CB (or any other nancy stomach restaurant), you need to look at your meals before Cracker Barrel since digestion takes such a long time.

Mayo Clinic....After you eat, it takes about six to eight hours for food to pass through your stomach and small intestine. Food then enters your large intestine (colon) for further digestion, absorption of water and, finally, elimination of undigested food. It takes about 36 hours for food to move through the entire colon.

Comment

Golden Corral is the only place that has ever made me truly sick. And I've got a cast iron stomach too...

Comment

I have to add one more. Snoopys in CC. new owners, small, nugget sized, pieces of fish and higher prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      I hate to ruin a great story.....but if you or anybody has to rush to a bathroom immediately after eating CB (or any other nancy stomach restaurant), you need to look at your meals before Cracker Barrel since digestion takes such a long time.

Mayo Clinic....After you eat, it takes about six to eight hours for food to pass through your stomach and small intestine. Food then enters your large intestine (colon) for further digestion, absorption of water and, finally, elimination of undigested food. It takes about 36 hours for food to move through the entire colon.
                      They must expedite the 36hr process. Or Maybe I just crave them every 10-15yrs after I've been infected. Ten yrs from now, I may start a Live thread at CB.

Comment

Not a **** thing wrong with der Weinerschnietzel, I can crush the four dog combo. But then again I’ll still tear up som TB and LJS.

And Whataburger sux since going corporate. Big disappointment nowadays after growing up on it and the go to after the bars or a double/double after a long day wade fishing when I was younger.
                        Last edited by Texashookset; 09-05-2022, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Cracker Barrel-food is fine, but best block off 2 hours to eat eggs and pancakes...

Comment

Use to love me some Grandys...been over 20 years though

Forgot about Olive Garden-tastless food that never really fills you up-nasty half thawed bread sticks and nasty, 12 hours from turning brown salad...no woder it's all you can eat salad and bread sticks...they trying to clear it out before they have to throw it out!

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                              I nearly went to LJS yesterday. Aint been in awhile, but it is gonna happen.

I carry 2 bttls of that vinegar to the table. One to drink and one to drown the fish with!
                              AMEN!! Love a good cleanse on short notice

Comment

Like others here I must have a cast iron stomach, I can’t think of a place that the food processes through my system immediately.

As far as a place that every 10 to 15 years I think I’ll give them another try thinking it may have gotten better… Red Lobster tops the list! I see their commercials and think “man, that looks pretty good! I think I’ll give them another try.” Only to find out they still suck! Papa’s Seafood is another I’m consistently disappointed in, I used to like them so I probably have them on a 5 to 10 year rotation. There’s a place in Galveston that gets great reviews called Shrimp and Stuff, I’ve tried them a couple times and the shrimp reminds me of pre-breaded frozen shrimp. If you’ve got Shrimp in your name you **** sure better do them right!

Comment

Working...
                                X