No announcement yet.

Human resources question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Write it out in code and give it to him. Lol. You have something he needs. Hummmm.

Comment

It doesn't look like you have much ground to stand on with the new owner. Since they jumped the gun with laying off all of the experience and kept you around to train replacements, it seems like you might have them over a barrel and have grounds to negotiate.

Comment

Not knowing how bad you need the job, there are lots of good options already mentioned.
        Seems odds are high the owner plans to let you go. Yes they have a right but so do you.
        If can get the funding and previous employees I like the idea of a new company.
        If you choose to negotiate then don't leave out employment guarantee for XX years.
        Be ready for the axe at any time with this type owner and start looking just in case.

This does sound like a story right out of an mba class which you have to write a thesis

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
          Why not approach the guy and be honest about your concerns?
          I and the rest of the department were just layed-off on Friday from a publicly-traded company.
          If you think that 'the company' cares one bit about YOUR concerns..... well, then you do not understand the purpose of corporations.
          In my case, a publicly-traded company is only beholden to the stockholders and will do anything to improve the bottom line.
          Your 'feelings' have zero bearing on that.
          Bottom line: do whatever you decide for YOU. I'm voting for the bold direction and ask for TONS of money for your knowledge. What's the worst that they can do, fire you? Lotsa jobs out there right now...

Comment

Has nothing to do with feelings. If one of my people tried to “blackmail” me I’d fire him in the spot. It’s a right to work state. I can fire you because I don’t like your shoelaces. Working under the cloud of being fired sucks. Black mailing the guy will get you fired. Leveraging the guy will get you fired. Why not try the honest approach that leave a your integrity intact. I totally agree looking out for yourself is a good call. But sacrificing your soul for a buck is not really a win.

Having said all that. If the guy was stupid enough to buy the company with out knowledge of how to produce the product who knows what he will do.

Comment

Question how hard is it to figure out the recipe for the mixture. Could a chemist with a lot of training and knowledge be able to figure it out. Does it have a patented on it.

Comment

If you’re the secret behind Raising Cane’s secret sauce, I’ll invest right now!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                  If you mixed a product for my company and refused to provide me with the formula you’re using when instructed I’d fire you. Sucks that you’re in a position to work yourself out of a job but I don’t think trying to strongarm him is your best course of action. Do as instructed but express your concerns to your supervisor and tell them you’re committed to staying with the company and hope they see the value you add.

Or if you don’t want to stay and don’t have a non-compete quit, take your knowledge with you and open your own company.
                  So you would fire the only person that knows how to mix your product that you failed to get the formula from before you bought the company out? I don’t think I would work for you very long. I would take that formula and now be your competition.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                    Or if you don’t want to stay and don’t have a non-compete quit, take your knowledge with you and open your own company.
                    If whatever product it is has value and is the reason the Californian company bought y’all out, this is the route I’d try to go.

Comment

Theres an old joke about a company having to call in an old, retired mechanic to fix a big, old important machine because nobody else can figure it out.

He turns one bolt way back in the back, and charges them $10,000. They incredously say 10 grand for one bolt???

He says $1 for turning the bolt and $9999 for knowing which one to turn.

I don’t think it’s blackmail or an integrity issue.

New owner is asking you for your knowledge. He failed to plan. Stupidity is expensive.

What if you quit? What if you get hit by a truck or go dove hunting with **** Cheney this weekend?

Comment

1. If you do as they say you may likely be unemployed very soon.
                        2. If you walk out (give notice)you will be unemployed very soon.
                        #1 buys you time to look for gainful employment elsewhere if it goes down that way.
                        #2 buys you an opportunity to negotiate and a few weeks to look for gainful employment.
                        If you are a Godly man go to Him for the answer, if not, shoot from the hip, weigh your odds and start looking or planning your next move. Either way I would look at this as a door of opportunity to improve your position and provision for yourself and family. Sometimes we are forced to seek a better way.

Comment

OP may not hold as strong of cards as many might think
                          Simple way to get formula is for him to cooperate & write it down
                          Otherwise they will go the route of analytical techniques & methods and deduce the formulation that way. More costly & time consuming but it can be done

Comment

This is "WORD"

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            I don’t know what your product is, but I’m thinking if you’re the only person that can mix it then you’re the product. Call up some of those senior employees that got fired and put the team back together. Y’all were good enough to help build a company worthy of an acquisition, do it again. This time for yourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            @$!% em in their neck.

Comment

I would try and strongarm him, especially because he's from California.

Comment

100% agree with the idea of taking it and doing it for yourselves if possible. Sounds like you have the opportunity of a lifetime

Comment

Working...
                                X