No announcement yet.

$744 to replace spark plugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SIL was quoted 440.00 for a battery replacement at the Ford Dealer in Marble Falls!

Comment

Dang...... that thing got a Hemi?

J

Comment

Originally posted by ktex View Post
        Lol on the Christian Brothers comments…..that’s who I took my truck to.

Nothing Christian or brotherly about the one I went to. It took a couple times to figure that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Silverados are easy EXCEPT that #8 plug. You have to dislocate your left shoulder and elbow to get that sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
            I just took my daughters 2010 f150 in for brakes
            One of the front calipers just came apart so for two new calipers , pads and new rotors On the front they quoted me $1200

Called Christian brothers and tbey quoted me $1700 to do all 4

Took it down the road to another guy I’ve used in the past he did all four for $950 which after parts is still about $450 In labor

You have to shop around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            I just had the same experience with my Tundra…$1200 and $1600 from 2 places for pads on all 4, 2 rotors and one caliper. I ordered all the parts for a little over $500 and am doing it myself.

Comment

youtube is your friend

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
              I just had the same experience with my Tundra…$1200 and $1600 from 2 places for pads on all 4, 2 rotors and one caliper. I ordered all the parts for a little over $500 and am doing it myself.
              fixed so many things at my house with help of youtube its crazy.. washing machine, fridge, and yes front brakes on my tundra-- did brakes and had one rotor turned in about 2 hrs. it takes longer to jack truck up and take wheels off than it does to do pads.

Comment

I’m too cheap to pay someone to do auto work, without trying to do it myself first.

Comment

Originally posted by ktex View Post
                  Lol on the Christian Brothers comments…..that’s who I took my truck to.
                  They once quote me $5000 "just to get the car running" after a slip n slide into a curb on rainy day. Ended up replacing a bent rear axle i bought from pick-a-part place for $120. Paid our yard mechanic $150 to replace, including diff fluid flush. Drove the truck 5 years after that.

I'll never step foot in CB again.

Comment

Brake jobs have went up quite a bit, mostly due to the large price increase on rotors. Shops got accustomed to just replacing the rotors because they were cheap now some rotors have doubled in price. To save money on brake jobs ask to get your rotors resurfaced it will save quite a bit of money. Large rear rotors for F250 and Tundras have went up 25-50%.

Comment

Did you wear a dress when going to that auto repair shop?
                      Sounds like they self identified you as female.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                        Replaced mine myself for $80 in plugs but ended up still going to the dealer as one of my oil seals was leaking. Still cost me $700 by the end but had new seals in both heads.
                        For this reason alone I would recommend taking it to a toyota dealer. This is only a once in a hundred thousand mile repair. A dealer messed up an oil seal during my wife's sequoia repair so it caused an engine knock. They finally acknowledged they caused the knock and did the repair at no cost. A bad repair is the only thing that will slow down a 5.7. Done correctly they run forever.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          Did you wear a dress when going to that auto repair shop?
                          Sounds like they self identified you as female.
                          Lol, if they thought I was a lady then I’d be scared to see what kind of sea creature they are married to….cuz I don’t look lady-ish

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
                            My SIL was quoted 440.00 for a battery replacement at the Ford Dealer in Marble Falls!
                            That is a stealership.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post

Yep that’s about how much all the parts see for my daughters truck
                              I just didn’t have the time to do it, and she is without a vehicle which is what makes thing tough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Everyone saying the price is outrageous… you can get plugs for 120 at a store but they’ve gotta put a mark up on that so call it 200-250 for materials. Figure they have a labor rate of 125-150 an hour and they probably calculate each plug at twenty- thirty minutes of labor. Throw in a shop fee of some sort and your are quickly at 700 dollars or more. Lots of insurance, property taxes, high wages for mechanics, service writers wage, rent, etc to be covered plus warranty repairs if something is off. Mechanics of any type have very little competition because a lot of folks don’t know how stuff works today and even fewer know how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X