Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old are you? Nirvana and Soundgarden.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sunnylab View Post
    Yes I have... That was all before Nirvana.

My point was there will never be another shift like we saw when the Seattle scene hit.
    Heavy metal and rap in the 80s were much bigger movement.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

LOL. I definitely get your point. Although Miley is extremely talented..you should dive into some of her live stuff on YouTube.
      Actually I was trying to think of the most annoying people I could think of to make an sarcastic point

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Nothing gets BoB fired up like people praising Grunge.

Comment

LOL. I definitely get your point. Although Miley is extremely talented..you should dive into some of her live stuff on YouTube.
          She's my new guilty pleasure. She's really talented...slightly annoying...but talented.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            All these kids now running around in Nirvana shirts...specifically the smiley one. I dont know if they really listen to Nirvana...or the shirts are back in style?
            Youd be surprised. I question my students all the time when they wear on old band tee and the majority know the music. In fact they are currently writing an analysis on this article showing that 70 percent of current music downloads is "old music".

Old songs now represent 70 percent of the U.S. music market. Even worse: The new-music market is actually shrinking.

Stopped a girl in the hall this week with an AIC shirt. Asked her if she liked them or just liked the shirt. She likes them and is going to see them live in The Woodlands Sept 17th with her dad.

Comment

The wife and I were out having lunch last week and a group of high school kids sat next to us. A few of them were wearing Nirvana shirts. I was surprised and was telling my wife how hot Nirvana was when I was in Junior high heading into highschool. Guess I'm just getting older although it's probably not much different than kids wearing Led Zeppelin or similar back when I was in high school.

With that said, I was listening to someone on the radio a couple weeks ago and he was speaking about a similar topic of younger kids getting into older and more different types of music. His point was that today with I-tunes and other various services, kids have a lot more access to various types of music. They can also purchase single tracks as compared to full albums. I remember when I was a kid, it was either try and time something just right to record off the radio or go pay full price for a cassette or CD that included songs you didn't want. Even back then, a cassette tape was close to $10 and CDs were closer to $15. Music was expensive.

Comment

Best part about Nirvana and pearl jam is that it kept crappy bands like slayer off the radio

Comment

I'm Pink Floyd & Led Zeppelin old.

...There will never be another musical revolution like we had in the 90's. I was lucky to be in my teens when it all went down.
                  To each his own...I think 95% of it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                    Best part about Nirvana and pearl jam is that it kept crappy bands like slayer off the radio
                    Exactly. Same for Luke Bryan and Robert Earl Keen.

Comment

SINCE THE 90'S - meaning from 1990 until now....there has not been a genre of music that has had as big of an impact. That was the point. I'm not arguing that its better than 80's hair bands or 80's rap. I love all kinds of music.

Comment

Exactly. Same for Luke Bryan and Robert Earl Keen.

Who is Luke Bryan? I've heard Robert Earl keen's howling, probably wouldn't take much to keep him off the radio. Although he is preferential to Slayer and that sort of crap

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          All these kids now running around in Nirvana shirts...specifically the smiley one. I dont know if they really listen to Nirvana...or the shirts are back in style?
                          my daughter wearing Pink Floyd, she has no clue who they are

Comment

AIC was better

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                              AIC was better
                              Than Nirvana yes but who wasn't? AIC wasn't better than Sound Garden. They were the most talented and most metal of the grunge bands.

Comment

Ronnie Montrose with a kid named Sammy Hagar, after Ronnie played with Boz Scaggs and The Edgar Winter Group, comes to mind.

A rock a billy band, from Alvin Texas area named - ZZ Top - was playing Houston bars at the time, and even High Schools around South Houston. And the Armadillo World-Headquarters - was the Republic's version of - Texas music.

It was a few years before Austin City Limits launched.

Zep, CCR, Who, Guess Who, Jimi.......all living and large as well. - So many and NAM was harsh.

Comment

Working...
                                X