Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old are you? Nirvana and Soundgarden.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sunnylab View Post
    There will never be another musical revolution like we had in the 90's.
    soooo your saying that Ariana Grande, Mylee Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers aren't creating a musical revolution?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Grunge sucked.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      The mere fact it killed glam rock says otherwise. There was definetly some crap mixed in like all genres.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
        Chris Cornell had a voice like no other.
        Word.

Comment

I'm old and I can't stand either one of those bands.

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
            The mere fact it killed glam rock says otherwise. There was definetly some crap mixed in like all genres.
            Yeah like Nirvana. Most overrated band ever.

For the 90s give me:

System of a Down
            Korn
            Deftones
            Rage

Comment

My 7 year old son loves Nirvana. I didn't even try to push any of it on him at all ...he basically discovered it himself. Which to me tells me what I've always thought...good music is good music.
              There will never be another musical revolution like we had in the 90's. I was lucky to be in my teens when it all went down.
              Most teens today seem to embrace the "classic rock" of the 90s.

Batman had "Something in the Way" by Nirvana and I started seeing and hearing a ton of kids playing Nirvana. Stranger Things introduced kids to Metallica. Once they get a taste, its easy for them to access the entire catalog of an artist or band through Spotify or the like. I think its cool. Wish we had that back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                Most teens today seem to embrace the "classic rock" of the 90s.

Batman had "Something in the Way" by Nirvana and I started seeing and hearing a ton of kids playing Nirvana. Stranger Things introduced kids to Metallica. Once they get a taste, its easy for them to access the entire catalog of an artist or band through Spotify or the like. I think its cool. Wish we had that back in the day.
                Yes. Going to the mall, two towns away, to listen to music at Sam Goody wasn't near as convenient at Apple Music..

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  soooo your saying that Ariana Grande, Mylee Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers aren't creating a musical revolution?
                  If they would have come up in a time when people were looking for a new formula they probably would be known as that. They are all extremely talented people, even if their music sucks.

Then again, it's hard to say it sucks when they are all massively successful.

Comment

My 7 year old son loves Nirvana. I didn't even try to push any of it on him at all ...he basically discovered it himself. Which to me tells me what I've always thought...good music is good music.
                    There will never be another musical revolution like we had in the 90's. I was lucky to be in my teens when it all went down.
                    You ever heard of Elvis, Beatles, Stones, Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, Santana........

Comment

Good music is good music. I mostly listen to older rock Creedence, Lynard Skynyrd, Jimi Hendrix, etc. and I wasn't hatched until 1984.

Comment

Older than this!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          Yeah like Nirvana. Most overrated band ever.

For the 90s give me:

System of a Down
                          Korn
                          Deftones
                          Rage

Dang BoB, I figured you as a Flock Of Seagulls guy.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            Yes. Going to the mall, two towns away, to listen to music at Sam Goody wasn't near as convenient at Apple Music..

LOL or a Hastings

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                              You ever heard of Elvis, Beatles, Stones, Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, Santana........
                              Yes I have... That was all before Nirvana.

My point was there will never be another shift like we saw when the Seattle scene hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                                LOL. I definitely get your point. Although Miley is extremely talented..you should dive into some of her live stuff on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X