Too dang salty

Comment

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
        I like Zatarains Crispy Southern Fish Fry
        This

Comment

I started using Louisiana Chicken fry on all my fish. Grabbed the wrong box one night and liked the results.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
            I like Zatarains Crispy Southern Fish Fry
            That’s what I use. And don’t screw up good Crappie with Mustard. Just Gross.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              Too dang salty
              All the ones mentioned above or even saltier. If you want less salty mix it 2/3 Louisiana fish fry and 1/3 aunt Jemima cornmeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvey View Post
                I started using Louisiana Chicken fry on all my fish. Grabbed the wrong box one night and liked the results.
                That is what I use for backstrap. Either that or Brookshire Brothers brand chicken fry.

Comment

Dip in flour then egg then Old Bay and Panko mixed together and cook in an air fryer!!! w/o the grease bath I can eat about twice as many and still feel fine after 30 min. Oh and I like to make my own tartar sauce and the secret is to chop the onions up super fine - real mayo, dill pickles and lemon (I know mayo is cheating but WTH easy peasy and yummm!)

Comment

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
                    That’s what I use. And don’t screw up good Crappie with Mustard. Just Gross.
                    Nothing gross about it at all lol. Almost everyone I know that knows how to fry good fish uses mustard as a binder. There is no mustard flavor in the fish at all.

Comment

Ok now I'm thouroghly confused!!! Thanks fellas.

Comment

Crushed flaming hot Cheetos for something different.

Comment

EL Mexicano breading

Wife just got this looks like low sodium
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                            Nothing gross about it at all lol. Almost everyone I know that knows how to fry good fish uses mustard as a binder. There is no mustard flavor in the fish at all.
                            Need to get out more.

Comment

Season with season salt or Tony Chacheres then cover with a mix of 50-50 cornmeal and sweet cornbread mix. The little bit of sweet is great.

Comment

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
                                Dip in flour then egg then Old Bay and Panko mixed together and cook in an air fryer!!! w/o the grease bath I can eat about twice as many and still feel fine after 30 min. Oh and I like to make my own tartar sauce and the secret is to chop the onions up super fine - real mayo, dill pickles and lemon (I know mayo is cheating but WTH easy peasy and yummm!)
                                I have not had Old Bay in a mix for quiet a while. I need to try it again. A guy on my last deer lease always used it when he fried catfish for us. It was really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X