Best Fish Fry Mix(Crappie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by refugioco View Post
    Crappie must taste like $...$ if you have to do all that. My suggestion is corn meal, then salt and pepper, see if you think it needs more, if yes, then stir up some nice condiments and decide.
    This but add about 50% flower to the corn meal and salt and pepper and if you want to kick it up a little you can had some cajun seasoning

Comment

Cornmeal (I prefer Hoover's), Salt and Pepper. Sometimes I will throw in a little bit of regular ole flour. I like to keep it simple.

Comment

Thanks fellas..... Great info.

Comment

White stone ground corn meal, salt, & pepper. Hands down. [emoji23]

But seriously, that’s all crappie needs. I miss the days of my great uncle making his own corn meal from corn that he grew. I’ll never taste crappie that good again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Boogieman View Post
            Pat fillets down with paper towels, salt & pepper, dredge in yellow corn meal. Fry at 350 til they float. Call me old fashioned but I eat em by the bushel
            X2

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
              Slabby's Mix is great stuff.
              true, true

Comment

75% cornmeal
                25% flour
                Salt pepper
                God already seasoned crappie pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                  This!! I’m way better looking than hogslayer78 BTW! Cut the fish in strips so they all cook even. Those Houston slabs cook way quicker than the NE Tx slabs! Don’t forget the fried corn and clean the oil up with the fried biscuits!
                  Beauty pageant at the crappie get together next year?. That fried corn is some good stuff too. I'll give you the credit for the hotsauce. Iv done them in mustard before but never the combo. Boy howdy. Where's Pat at?

Comment

Grind up saltines into a powder. Put some Aunt Jamima pancake mix in a bowl and mix in some water leaving the mix very thin. Dip fish into the mix then into the saltines and deep fry. The best I ever had.

This gives you a very thin coating on the fried fish.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      Forgot - if you don’t like the “Fish & Chips” style don’t do as I suggested. I prefer it and I actually like LJS batter
                      I haven’t had it in a long time but I love their batter too……and their fish!

Comment

Uncle bucks or as others have said….corn meal and SPG.

Comment

Originally posted by refugioco View Post
                          Crappie must taste like $...$ if you have to do all that. My suggestion is corn meal, then salt and pepper, see if you think it needs more, if yes, then stir up some nice condiments and decide.
                          No problem with keeping it simple. But don't knock it til you try it.

I've eaten my body weight in crappie. But favorite is mix of spicy brown mustard and franks hot sauce for the bath. Add your favorite corn meal batter.

Mix some Old Bay in with your tarter sauce if you like it on a sandwich!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            Flake does exactly what hogslayer do.

And he be in New Mexico getting his daughter married

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                            Now we are gonna have to hear about how sore his hook settin hand is from writing all those checks!

Comment

Colonel Jims fish breeding. Y'all have got to try this.

Comment

The one and only!

Comment

Working...
                                X