Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Best Fish Fry Mix(Crappie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Zatarains Crispy Southern Fish Fry

Comment

Pat fillets down with paper towels, salt & pepper, dredge in yellow corn meal. Fry at 350 til they float. Call me old fashioned but I eat em by the bushel

Comment

Crushed frosted flakes

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Salt pepper and cornmeal is how I grew up eating them. The yellow bag of zatarains is pretty cood too cut it with about 1/4 flour to make it a little lighter. No need for any batter.

Comment

Cornmeal,garlic powder, salt pepper

Comment

Slabby's Mix is great stuff.

Comment

Most of the package fish fry mixes are the same, then they add their twist of flavor. To me they are too salty, so I like the unseasoned ones and season it the way I want.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Y’all talk amongst yourselves until Snowflake Killa comes in and gives y’all the answer hands down.
                  Flake does exactly what hogslayer do.

And he be in New Mexico getting his daughter married

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Boogieman View Post
                    Pat fillets down with paper towels, salt & pepper, dredge in yellow corn meal. Fry at 350 til they float. Call me old fashioned but I eat em by the bushel
                    Same except I used seasoned Louisiana fish fry instead of plan corn meal.

Comment

Dredge in flour, drop in egg & beer wash, roll in panko then fried in peanut oil

Comment

Tony Chachere’s crispy creole is my favorite.

Comment

I like uncle Bucks spicy and mix it with flour. Not bad at all.

Comment

Milk and egg batter then cornmeal but I’m old so………..

Comment

Never had any bad fried fish

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                                Most of the package fish fry mixes are the same, then they add their twist of flavor. To me they are too salty, so I like the unseasoned ones and season it the way I want.
                                Agreed, 500% to salty are the preseason, we do cornmeal, flour ,
                                Pinch of baking powder, salt and pepper to taste, egg , dipped x2 In mixture, crappie, sea trout, snapper can get overly salty in a mix
                                A store bought mix is probably the best with muddy tasting fish , or bloody types
                                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-20-2022, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X