X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't even imagine --- prayers for you, your son and your family

Comment

I pray for a miracle. Peace. Comfort.

Unfortunately I have a lot of experience wandering the halls at MD Anderson. Seeing the children is heartbreaking, yet they are so dang tough.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktree View Post
        Amen. Thank you Rodney, and thank everyone else who has taken time out of there days to say a prayer for my family.

I feel like I need to vent a little and maybe it will make me feel better to get this experience off my chest. I don't have many people I can talk to about it.

We are home now hopefully we will have the biopsy results in a week from what we're told and were praying for some good news. I've never been this scared or hurt in my life the thought of something happening to my son hurts beyond what words can describe. The doctor hasn't told us much but had a small team of oncologist talk to us about chemotherapy, different treatment possibilities that may happen, and in not so many words told us they think it's cancer due to the fact that whatever is causing bone deterioration is most likely not benign. I feel like they know what's going on but won't tell us exactly until we get the results.

I feel awful my heart hurts so bad, it's hard to eat and keep food down. I've went from being in shock and not being able to talk to sobbing. I can't give up hope and need to stay strong around him. Watching him wake up from anesthesia yesterday evening was horrible. Crying, screaming, scared not knowing where he was, fighting the nurses etc. The sound of his raspy voice screaming let go of me, why would you do this to me, quit holding me down crushed me. Looking at his eye swollen shut and stitched up hurts, everything hurts. He's so smart, happy, caring, and full of life. I haven't cried in front of him but it's hard all the little things he does and says makes me want to break down. He was so excited to get ice cream last night, couldn't stop talking about how good his breakfast sandwich was this morning, we get home today and he's watching a movie with his 5yr old sister petting her head telling her how he loves her, and she responds with your the best big brother ever and I love you to.

He's absolutely terrified of getting an IV a week ago for his MRI he had to get an IV and a vein got busted due to him thrashing so they had to do it in his other arm. Yesterday when we took him in the whole way to the hospital he was talking about how excited he was to get an IV because it should be the last time. That's one of the things that hurts the most. We haven't told him yet but we know it's not over. We're not saying anything until we have results so we don't scare him. I'd give anything for the roles to be reversed right now I wish it were me.

The past week has been long and full of uncertainties, but this week while waiting for results will be much longer. Thank you everyone for the prayers and continued prayers we sure appreciate them.
        Vent all you need Jim, this is the place for it. Baron needs you to be his rock and his strength. You need Jesus to be yours. Keep praying, remembering to confess your fears and anxieties and ask Him for things you need from Him. The bible calls Him your refuge for a reason.
        I remember having all the same feelings as you described when my son was sick. It's almost unbearable to watch them go thru something we should be able to protect them from but can't. I know how it feels to know if the worse happens you're not sure if you yourself can survive it. I've been there. You'll get through this and putting your faith in Jesus is how you will. Jesus loves Baron. He also loves you. He wants to be your rock, your refuge, and your shelter in this storm. My heart breaks for you all and what your going thru. I know it's hard (such an understatement) and I wish I could make it not be. Just remember as hard as this is it's still time you have with your son and remember to enjoy him during this time just like you would any other time. Don't let the burden of the fear and uncertainty steal the joy you can still have with him during all this. It's all life. Remember to enjoy it even when it isn't easy. Being thankful for every moment you've shared together will help you not focus on the difficulty you face. If there's one thing that I could say that helped me the most when my son was ill it would have to be keeping myself focused on being grateful and giving thanks. Looking for the things God had provided us rather than focusing on what was happening to my son. I believe God shows mercy to those who know they deserve nothing and understand that everything we recieve is a gift from Him. Be filled with hope and joy and share it with your son. He'll remember this time always. Make it be a time that he remembers in the best possible way.
        Baron will be stronger during this than you ever thought he could be. You'll see him grow in ways you can't imagine. My son, at 14 yrs old, quickly became my hero when I thought it was supposed to be me that was his. They are strong and resilient and can handle more than you think they can. My son after his illness decided he wanted to be a nurse because he gained such an admiration for how they treated him and he wanted to do the same for other sick children. He got a little sidetracked after high school and then started a family. He ended up being a paramedic for several years but finally at 33 yrs old he just finished nursing school last week and has his first interview with a hospital on Tuesday. I shared that only to let you know there's so much hope for good things to come. Don't get so caught up in the nightmare you forget about the dreams. Keep the faith and know there's still a lot down the road. One day, one moment at a time, you and Baron will get through this.
        I'll be praying for you all daily.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

God is working on your son’s testimony and is preparing him for great things. God is also strengthening you and your wife. Please remember that you are NEVER alone. When you are at your whits end, cry out. Pray. There is no wrong way to pray. Lay it all at HIS feet. He will help you through this and know that we are here for y’all as well. Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers!

Comment

Kneemail sent...

Comment

Praying for you all.

Comment

I hurt for you and the family Jim. I can only imagine the pain you are experiencing of not knowing what the future holds.

My continued prayers for you guys. God, please heal Baron and comfort this family. Amen.

Comment

Please Lord, heal this child.

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

Continuing prayers for your family Jim, especially for Baron and his healing.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Jim prayer sent for your heart and mind. Also for your son and the rest of your family.

Comment

More prayers up for you all.

Comment

Still praying for God's healing.

Comment

My heart breaks when children have to go through these kind of things. Continuous prayers for you.

Comment

Matthew 18:19-20
                                19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

There are more than two or three gathered on this thread in his name.
                                So father we ask of you in agreement with all that praying that your healing hand touch this young man and his family. That he may be made whole in Jesus name. Amen

Comment

Working...
                                X