2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
    Would love to hear more on this. I didn't set up the trip and am just along for the ride.
    With the numbers of birds we have in SE Tx.
    I wouldn't hunt with any outfitter in this area
    unless I knew them very well and could trust them. Most are crooks just trying to get $$$ to help pay for their land leases.

Comment

I wonder if this front pushed any birds back down here. I would think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        If so, they likely will move back north by the time these fellows go hunt.
        Last edited by El General; 01-31-2023, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Doubtful. Birds been leaving for a bit

Comment

Let me see some of those birds that are going on the wall this year!

Comment

These two are making the wall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	7C303B7C-2628-46C1-B1A1-CDFE51B352F3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	24705386

Name:	563BB6BF-1ED5-4295-B700-DFA370CF3541.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	24705387
                Both wood ducks and hoodie going on wall.

Comment

Gonna turn this one into a decoration. Fun hunt in super thick fog. He cupped and floated in just perfectly.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Name:	5B8BFA1B-6F9B-42AA-9CC4-D4B2520716FD.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	24705411Click image for larger version

Name:	261F729B-2CCB-4B09-98FD-F88C7A22827F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	24705412

this mallard is at the taxi as is a merganser, just not this one. I shot a much nicer one the next day and it’s at the taxi but I forgot to get a picture of it.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                      Gonna turn this one into a decoration. Fun hunt in super thick fog. He cupped and floated in just perfectly.
                      Beautiful bird!! Want one bad

Comment

Fantastic trip south of El Paso.

We had another great trip to the border, south of Fort Hancock on the river. Good duck numbers with several Cinnamon teal shot. Gambel Quail numbers were fantastic. The ranch is getting over ran with pigs now, which is crazy for desert country. We also got a few javelina. Then my son shot a monster bobcat that is getting mounted. An Epic trip!! (on the group pics, not all of the group are quail hunters, some get their orange on before all the duck pics are taken. )
                        Attached Files

Comment

^^^^
                          Great trip, did you use an outfitter? Have been looking at going to Mexico for ducks and quail.

Comment

That is a huge bobcat!

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                              ^^^^
                              Great trip, did you use an outfitter? Have been looking at going to Mexico for ducks and quail.
                              Private land. "A guys' hunt." My friend owns 1,700 ac on the Rio Grande with great water rights!

Comment

Sad to see it end! Pretty slow season around Trinity Bay this year for my group. Had a few good refuge hunts and a nice Goose trip in Knox City. Got to get the kids on some birds, see some pretty sunrises, and BS with some best friends!

Brought knucklehead home from the trainers the last weekend to take care of my choc english girl thats in heat and managed to get him on a couple good hunts to close out the season! On to Crappie and Hunt test season now!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X