2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
    Me & John had a good hunt this AM. John took a different gun & unfortunately didn't fit him good. Cost him a couple of birds.
    1 more day & then despair & depression. LOL!

Yall been hammering the smiling mallards all season, congrats!

Comment

Well its here. The last day.

Good Luck to Everyone this Mornin!

Comment

[QUOTE=DUKFVR;16629392

Good Luck to Everyone this Mornin![/QUOTE]

Good luck this morning!

Comment

Well boys we got 7. Killed everything that came in.

Hope y’all beat em down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!"
            Pretty shoot!
            On your place?
            Yes that is south of Winnie on our family place.

Comment

Well… I was up until 330am this morning and when I got home watched the radar and forecast for 30 mins and texted my group to just stay asleep….

2 others went out to another spot on the property and they shot 1 bird and didn’t see even a fraction of what we saw yesterday.

Really wanted to go but once the T-storms were rolling through it wasn’t worth it.

Now it’s on to the more important things…. Snipe! (Which of course all this rain is messing up also lol)

Comment

Love all the photos

Comment

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

A couple more good hunts in the rain. What an epic season. Time to dry out my gear and start thinking about the off-season plans for habitat.

401 retrieves for my 9 year old pup. She was a workhorse this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Pin Oak DXT; 01-29-2023, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Me & John finished with full straps. It was a grind. Had to hunt till 11 & barely got it done. Slow movement this morning. It was a Great season. Depression will last for awhile. LOL!
                    Already waiting for next season!!

Comment

Well, glad to see some went out with a bang!

Slowest season I've had in years. We worked for them though.

Had two ring necks come in this am, kid and me both shot the same one! At least not skunked. We climbed in some mud, got rained on, and I almost went swimming. Luckily had a rope. Other wise we would have never gotten out of that river bottom!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Love seeing folks make it happen this morning! Y’all around the houston area are all braver than me! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          Love seeing folks make it happen this morning! Y’all around the houston area are all braver than me! Lol
                          The weather wasn't that bad on your place. Other than some rain, the lightning etc was over the gulf or south of youm

Comment

I crunched some numbers this evening.
                            I hunted all 16 days of early teal and 58 days of the 74 day regular season.
                            Traveled approximately 14,202 miles chasing ducks this season. Sure wish I could be chasing in the morning!
                            Already planning for next September.

CONGRATS to everyone this season!
                            Enjoyed all the pics and stories!

Comment

I crunched some numbers this evening.
                              I hunted all 16 days of early teal and 58 days of the 74 day regular season.
                              Traveled approximately 14,202 miles chasing ducks this season. Sure wish I could be chasing in the morning!
                              Already planning for next September.

CONGRATS to everyone this season!
                              Enjoyed all the pics and stories!
                              Wow that’s impressive, any guess on total numbers of birds shot?

Comment

Finished up yet another dumpster fire of a season that was even worse than the year before. Every year I say “at least it can’t get worse”…. I ain’t saying anything this year…. Cause so far the following year is 1/2 as good as the previous

I think we ended the whole season with 14 bootlips, 2 mallards and 5 flying dumpsters. Off a pond with several tons of corn in it. Bee bop been wanting us to kill some goossesss… so now I got 75# of meat that is slightly tougher than a 15yo aoudad. Mmmmmm
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X