2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
    Did you get into them pretty good at the W lake?

I haven't even taken down the dekees yet. Still hang-n on hooks. Low water level has me discouraged, from past experiences. I might a lil later. Got a few deer to kill right now. If I can get one or two in the freezer, I'll get after the ducks after.

I did see some Canadas resting on a few tanks this afternoon. There were a few ducks with them. When I went back by this evening, the Canadas were gone.

This is going to be a busy week on my calendar. I go back to work on the 3rd for two days. Then it's off to Guadalupe River State Park for a draw hunt for axis, whitetail, sika, and fallow. Maybe some sheep if I get desperate, and they show up.
    Last edited by Texas Grown; 12-25-2022, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Hope people are seeing more birds!

I’m on a plane to ATL until Thursday but hoping that I’m back in the blind Friday-Sat!

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
        According to this link this fella calls scaup dougris' and what your calling them is ring-necks aka Black Jacks.

http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66097

Been a minute since i logged back in.

Thanks for the clarification. I typically don’t duck hunt enough to get a full on course on ID of every single species.
        Growing up in the marshes, Dad would just holler, Take Em!

Nowadays, its the rare occasion i get to go with my brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went out this morning and only managed 1 woody hen. But I got a nice leak in my frogg toggs. This is my third year with these I’ve liked them but what should I replace them with.

Comment

Dang slow in Chambers county, here are 2 of the 5 or 6 ducks we even saw. Only heard one or two volleys in the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman AB View Post
              Went out this morning and only managed 1 woody hen. But I got a nice leak in my frogg toggs. This is my third year with these I’ve liked them but what should I replace them with.
              If breathable with stocking foot, Simms would be my recommendation. You will pay for them, but they last. I am no help with boot foot waders as I don't wear them.

Comment

I heard a few vollies this morning. 4 or 5 maybe. Deer were not moving where I was. Maybe this evening.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  I haven't even taken down the dekees yet. Still hang-n on hooks. Low water level has me discouraged, from past experiences. I might a lil later. Got a few deer to kill right now. If I can get one or two in the freezer, I'll get after the ducks after.

I did see some Canadas resting on a few tanks this afternoon. There were a few ducks with them. When I went back by this evening, the Canadas were gone.

This is going to be a busy week on my calendar. I go back to work on the 3rd for two days. Then it's off to Guadalupe River State Park for a draw hunt for axis, whitetail, sika, and fallow. Maybe some sheep if I get desperate, and they show up.
                  Gotcha. If you make it out good luck to you. I went out during the big freeze and hunted private water. Its 40 ft deep and there was no ice. Lots of ducks moving and we got a few teal and a canada but the flocks of mallards that came in flew just out of range. With so much other water around our area there were too many other more attractive places for them to be even though it was 8 degrees. Never seen it blow for so long when it's that cold. Sounds like you have some fun hunts coming up-enjoy!

Comment

Me and my son got 2 limits of mixed ducks today. Sure not seeing additional birds after the freeze. Maybe a few will show up with warming weather later in the week.

Comment

Does anyone know of a guide close to Houston? Would love to get my some out for one last hunt and that may be the only day and if it’s close enough. Thanks and best of luck to all!

Comment

4 man limit today. One of my best duck hunts ever!

Comment

Great hunt in the timber this morning. It isn’t often we get pintails in there but they wanted it today!

Comment

Great hunts guys!
                            Time to get rolling this AM!

Comment

Well done gents! And the best to all this morning!

Comment

Me and the boy limited this am.

Comment

Working...
                                X