2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
    How hunting pressure been on public this year? Has it recided with people going back to work. Or is it still at covid levels with people all over the place.
    Still crowded.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      Me & a couple of friends had a good hunt today. Lots of teal around.

Excellent. Love the "Greenery".
      Lesto!!

Comment

Me & a couple of friends had a good hunt today. Lots of teal around.

Congrats.

Comment

A friend took me to his place today & had a great time, just not much shooting. Fog had everything sitting I guess. A few wood ducks moving & managed to get 1. Beautiful place he has.

Good Luck to everyone this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
            Headed up to the Panhandle for the ditch parrot opener this last weekend. Been doing this hunt for 14 years.

Tried to duck hunt on a small playa but the hawks wouldn't leave me alone. Had pairs of mallards working a couple times then they would slide off when the hawks would fly through . Frustrating. Ended that hunt with a single drake wigeon.

Found a different hole later with a couple geese in it, so we just jumped it. Ended up with a couple. The juvie was acting really weird and something was off with it. Wasn't sure what the deal was, but after watching it for a few minutes I decided to shoot it too to put it down.

Parrot pic was from mid-day Saturday. Between that afternoon and Sunday, we added about another 20 birds to the pile. Fun stuff.

awesome!

Comment

Headed up to the Panhandle for the ditch parrot opener this last weekend. Been doing this hunt for 14 years.

Tried to duck hunt on a small playa but the hawks wouldn't leave me alone. Had pairs of mallards working a couple times then they would slide off when the hawks would fly through . Frustrating. Ended that hunt with a single drake wigeon.

Found a different hole later with a couple geese in it, so we just jumped it. Ended up with a couple. The juvie was acting really weird and something was off with it. Wasn't sure what the deal was, but after watching it for a few minutes I decided to shoot it too to put it down.

Parrot pic was from mid-day Saturday. Between that afternoon and Sunday, we added about another 20 birds to the pile. Fun stuff.
              Couldve been avian flu in the snow goose. Its been doing damage to the snow geese in Arkansas this year

Comment

Down here Webb county and just finished scouting which tank we are hunting tomorrow. If we see half the birds we saw today it’ll be a good one! Maybe be able to splash in a canvas back and a couple cinnys

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  Down here Webb county and just finished scouting which tank we are hunting tomorrow. If we see half the birds we saw today it’ll be a good one! Maybe be able to splash in a canvas back and a couple cinnys
                  Cinnamon is on my list. Have yet to get one up here. The best to yall.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

The white bird definitely had bird flu. Starting to see more in TX now. Seems to be affecting snow geese more than others. Natures conservation order it would appear.

Comment

A friend took me to his place today & had a great time, just not much shooting. Fog had everything sitting I guess. A few wood ducks moving & managed to get 1. Beautiful place he has.

Good Luck to everyone this weekend!

That there sure is purty. Is that water moving or are those live ducks.

Comment

Me and my cousin were able to shoot our two man on public in the highland plains mallard region. Not as many birds as we hoped but still enough to have a good shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
                          [/IMG]
                          Me and my cousin were able to shoot our two man on public in the highland plains mallard region. Not as many birds as we hoped but still enough to have a good shoot.

Great shoot! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                            That there sure is purty. Is that water moving or are those live ducks.
                            Motion decoys.

Comment

Took my daughter out on her very first duck hunt last weekend. Had a buddy offer me a spot on his lease up here in Washington and we went to check it out. Ducks where flying really good in the flooded corn. I ended up getting my first duck band and a cool hybrid. aka, bibbed mallard. We had a great time and now she is hooked on duck hitting.

Comment

[QUOTE=Boyd1212;16549488]Took my daughter out on her very first duck hunt last weekend. Had a buddy offer me a spot on his lease up here in Washington and we went to check it out. Ducks where flying really good in the flooded corn. I ended up getting my first duck band and a cool hybrid. aka, bibbed mallard. We had a great time and now she is hooked on duck hitting.

Congrats to both of Y'all! Great Hunt!

Comment

Working...
                                X