No announcement yet.

Where are the Elk hunters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife is hunting 58 Colorado in mid-September, and I will be tagging along.

Comment

CO unit 41 heading out on Sept 15th.
      Good luck everyone and stay safe

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
        CO unit 41 heading out on Sept 15th.
        Good luck everyone and stay safe

I’ll be in unit 471 from the 5th through the 10th, mountain goat first, then OTC elk and bear if we get really lucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Colorado OTC first week of September with my man, Dugie. Hoping we can get something on the ground. Elk, deer and bear tag.

Comment

Originally posted by gburk View Post
            Son??

That will be special… my sons and I will be in 23 as well. maybe see you out there!

Good luck
            Good luck to you as well, and I hopefully if we run into one another, one of us has an elk on our back!

Comment

I didn't draw a tag this year so I'm not liking y'all much.

Comment

I'm going CO OTC 2nd Rifle in Unit 77. It will only be my second year going but really hoping to get either an elk or bear on the ground this year!

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                  ?
                  We only have one season.
                  Good luck though, lots of cows need taken this year and every year !!
                  My mistake. Our hunt starts Oct 15th. Trying to get one with a handgun.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                    I have best tag of my life and I’m too busy trying to drop another fifteen pounds before then. I’ve started two a days and I’m barely moving. M-F it’s 8 Mile bike ride in under 30 mins and the 1hr at Madabolic @ lunch and evening ms its two dozen arrow. With 10 push ups for ever arrow out side to t he manic circle on a matrix. Sat and Sunday are destroy my feet day With 7 mile ruck @45lb- 55lb normally in heat of the day for extra insult. Got a new pair of boots but the are a PIA, to break in.

Buddy just killed sheel on last day of his unit today, 97 hiked miles… spend last 6 hours in pouring rain waiting out this brusier but got him in the end. He didnt tap out so I really have no excuse to hit my weight goal
                    Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                    I feel your pain, I need to drop 10 more lbs and its kicking my *****. Zamberlan Men's Lynx GORE-TEX RR BOA Hunting Boots are the best boots you can buy, they fit like a glove right out of the box. Good Luck!
                    Check into keto/low carb high fat, if you haven't yet. You don't lose weight in the gym. You can't outwork poor nutrition. You lose weight in the kitchen, but only if you buy the right stuff and don't buy the wrong stuff in the grocery store.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                      Elk season starts in 3 weeks and nobody is talking about it. I drew the best tag of my life and I cant wait to get there, and its shaping up to be a really good year. I will be in Unit 16a the second archery season, is anyone ls going to be there? Is anyone hunting unit 15 this year? I have hunted that unit for the past 15 years, and I know some really good areas in that unit. Good luck to everyone!
                      Do a live hunt!!!

I am headed to the Jicarilla end of September and am ready to get there!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                        I'm on standby for the Motherwell Ranch.....but I have inland grizzly in Alaska in 6 days!!![emoji13]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                        That sounds awesome!!! Will you use archery or rifle? Good luck!!! I can't wait to read the write up!

Comment

Will be picking up an elk tag in CO just in case I cross paths with a decent bull while I'm hunting mule deer the beginning of Nov.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
                            My mistake. Our hunt starts Oct 15th. Trying to get one with a handgun.
                            Just kidding you, hope you get one with your pistol, caliber?

Sad note, found this poached bull going up to do some ranch work. Jack wads shot it from the highway and then someone came back and took the antlers after the GW took his evidence.
                            Attached Files

Comment

First elk hunt for me, drew a tag in MT. Going to be chasing them with a bow near White Sulphur Springs Sept 10th

Comment

Wow a lot of good meat went to waste!

Comment

Working...
                                X