No announcement yet.

Lasik Eye Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did mine 5 years ago and it was the best money ever spent. Hated glasses and my eyes would get too dry with contacts.

Comment

I had both eyes done for my 21st birthday and I can tell you it was the best gift I’ve ever gotten. I couldn’t even read the big E.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

had mine done about 10 years ago,as others have said,wish i had done it years ago,best money spent ,no more glasses or contacts.

Comment

Had mine done in 05. BEST money I ever spent!

Comment

Did it 6 months ago and wish I had done it sooner

Comment

Some of the best medical related money I ever spent. My vision went from 20/200 to 20/15.Dr. did an enormous about of measuring before the surgery. "Measure twice, cut once!"

After having the surgery on both eyes, I had to have an enhancement on my right eye about 5 yrs later. That even sharpen my vision more.

Unfortunately, the lasik surgery success ended when I had to have cataract surgery.

Comment

I used Slade and Baker in Houston about 7 years ago. They were great only regret is I wish I would have gotten it sooner. I too had dry eyes for a year or so, but it went away. For sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife and I were talking about this exact thing last night.

Does anyone have a solid DR recommendation in the Dallas area???

Ballpark on price?

Comment

Back to the top out of necessity.

I’m sitting in a bow blind with 23 min until end of LST. I had a deer walk past at about 80 yds and couldn’t tell if it was a buck or a doe with the naked eye. Last night, I couldn’t see my pin 10min before LST ended. Yesterday during the day there was a raft of ducks on our lake. My wife had to describe them to me before I determined Hooded Mergansers. I just couldn’t see detail. I have glasses for long distance but NEVER wear them because I hate them. I don’t need glasses to read but evidently I need them to hunt![emoji2959]. My wife had lasik 18 years ago and only needs cheaters to read. She was blind as a bat before. I guess the time has come. I’ll be 50 in February. Sure miss my youthful ways.[emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Best money I ever spent too! I had Dr Suggs in wichita falls do mine probably 20 years ago

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                        Great to hear. Wish I could remember why the doc said I wasn’t a candidate. I’d do it in a second. I’m tired of wearing glasses.
                        Sounds like you are like me. I have never been a candidate for Lasik. I am extremely near sighted and have astigmatism.

Comment

Make sure that if you had Lasic and get old and have cataracts and need surgery you let them know you had Lasic no matter how long it has been.

Comment

10 years ago and still 20/15 in both eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                              You are going to wonder why you waited so long! ;
                              This.
                              Fourteen yeas ago had the surface abrasion procedure due to the horror stories of flap’s being ripped off in early Lasik days. Took a couple weeks to total heal. Total worth not needing contacts/prescription glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                                My wife and I were talking about this exact thing last night.

Does anyone have a solid DR recommendation in the Dallas area???

Ballpark on price?
                                We went to Dr. Boothe in Plano and it was $2900 cash money out the door.

I think he has retired though.

Comment

Working...
                                X