No announcement yet.

Lasik Eye Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had lasik performed on just my left eye (mono surgery) 5 or 6 years ago. Best thing I've ever done and as others have said, wish I had gotten it done years earlier.

Comment

Had mine done about 12 years ago, absolutely no regrets

Comment

Well i am back at work already and i can see! Still a little fogged up and feels like there is something in my eye, but from what i understand its completely normal. Doc said vision looks good this am and it will only get better.

Comment

Wife is getting it done Friday afternoon she’s excited.

Comment

About 3 years for me. Best money I ever spent, and like mentioned above wish I would have done it sooner

Comment

Originally posted by SETXbowhunter22 View Post
              Well i am back at work already and i can see! Still a little fogged up and feels like there is something in my eye, but from what i understand its completely normal. Doc said vision looks good this am and it will only get better.
              What doctor did it for you?

Comment

Did mine 10 years ago. Back then the Allegretto laser was all the new new. Best decision I ever made. Only issue I had was dry eyes and it did last for a couple of years but good drops were life savers.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Did it probably 30 years ago, great results, BUT just finished cataract surgery on both eyes with great results!

Comment

Need at least a little negative feedback? lol. I can't say, because I haven't had it, but my wife had both eyes done about three years ago. Still has to wear glasses about 90% of the time, any time she is reading or needs to see anything up close. She was/is pretty disappointed, because she had it done to keep from having to wear glasses. It helped her distance vision some, but she didn't have a lot of problems with that. She had a small cataract removed and decided to have it done at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                      What doctor did it for you?
                      Harmon at Eye Centers of SETX

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
                        Need at least a little negative feedback? lol. I can't say, because I haven't had it, but my wife had both eyes done about three years ago. Still has to wear glasses about 90% of the time, any time she is reading or needs to see anything up close. She was/is pretty disappointed, because she had it done to keep from having to wear glasses. It helped her distance vision some, but she didn't have a lot of problems with that. She had a small cataract removed and decided to have it done at the same time.
                        Well i hate that for her. They did tell me if i had to wear reading glasses before, id have to wear them after as well.

However, my vision was so dang bad I couldn't make your face out from 3 feet away. So already its night and day.

Comment

Originally posted by SETXbowhunter22 View Post
                          Well i hate that for her. They did tell me if i had to wear reading glasses before, id have to wear them after as well.

However, my vision was so dang bad I couldn't make your face out from 3 feet away. So already its night and day.
                          I suppose the amount of success achieved is directly related to how bad a person's vision was before the surgery. And, of course their expectations. If a person thinks (like my wife did) that it will eliminate the need for glasses, they might be disappointed, depending on their particular condition...

Comment

I had it done about 8 years ago by Dr Harmon also. Like everyone else has said it was the best money that I have spent on myself. Get you a good pair of sunglasses to replace your regular glasses for the light sensitivity to the sunlight.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                              I had it done 20 years ago. My right eye is just now needing a reader. My left eye is still perfect. It is the best thing I have ever done for myself.
                              I second this. Absolutely the best money I ever spent on myself. It was cheap back when I had it done, I think I paid $1,000 per eye in 2001. No glasses needed as of now but little tiny fine print is getting a little difficult sometimes. Good luck!

Comment

did mine for distance vision back around 1996-97
                                still good on distance but did have to stat using cheaters 3 yrs ago

Comment

Working...
                                X