how much are you watering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    It has certainly become apparent there are sections of my yard that are not getting adequate coverage from the sprinkler system. I water 3days a week - 15 minutes each station and it is not enough. The grass around the septic sprinklers is green and lush however. I’m also doing deep watering around the foundation of the house using soaker hoses
    Same here, and I have a big yard…water twice a week and run 5 stations 1 hour each for the lawn; then 4 stations 15-20 minutes each for the shrubs. I am dreading seeing my water bill this month; likely to be north of $500.

Comment

I couldn’t care less about my yard grass so I don’t water it. Trees are getting twice a week and garden every other day.

Comment

No watering here

Comment

$171.00 worth [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Put in pool a month ago and 3/4 acre of grass . GoFundMe soon ....

Comment

I’ve got too much money tied up in mine to just let it go. 7 rotor zones for and hour per zone, 3 days a week. 5 spray zones for 10 minutes per zone, 3 day per week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

3.5 acres of St Augustine

My well puts out 50gpm, I water every 3rd day each station for 1 hour

Comment

8 zone irrigation system and it’s been running every day for the last month, 30 minutes a zone. I’ve never watered this much before, but I’ve spent too much money and pain laying side to let it burn up. If I weren’t on my own well, I prob wouldn’t be watering as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    I’ve got too much money tied up in mine to just let it go. 7 rotor zones for and hour per zone, 3 days a week. 5 spray zones for 10 minutes per zone, 3 day per week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Similar here. It will cost me more if I say to heck with it and start over. 3 more years until the kids are gone and I can leave this hell hole.

Comment

3 days a week. If that's not enough increase watering times instead of adding days. Deep watering is better. On slopes split the time to allow in to rest and soak in between watering.

Comment

Moving soaker hoses from tree to tree but nothing else gets water

Comment

Two days a week at 430am. 6 zones at 30 minutes each. I hate a brown yard and won’t ever have one.

I have a neighbor who waters every day, twice a day, 6 zones for 30 minutes each station. SAWS has sent him a couple letters about it and what they will do if he doesn’t figure out why he’s using 10 Times as much water as the rest of houses on our street by himself.

Comment

Mine go off 3x a week, 2x on the day they water. So 6 cycles a week. 25 min per, except the flowerbeds. Early morning to get a good soak in before the sun comes up and then later in the evening to help it out after the rough day. By looking at my cameras, my lawn is doing way better than anyone else around.

Some rain would be great.

Comment

My new sprinkler guy convinced me last March I was over watering. I went from 320 minutes per week {mpw} to 120mpw. Ten minutes per station twice a week. My lawn is the best it has ever been. I got grass growing under the garage apt stairs...

Comment

I spray the rose bushes a couple times a week. Everything else is on it's own.

Comment

Working...
                                X