Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprinkler system watering 3/4 of an acre, 3 times a week for 4 hours

Comment

No watering, we have been on a outdoor watering restriction for a month.

Comment

It has certainly become apparent there are sections of my yard that are not getting adequate coverage from the sprinkler system. I water 3days a week - 15 minutes each station and it is not enough. The grass around the septic sprinklers is green and lush however. I’m also doing deep watering around the foundation of the house using soaker hoses

Comment

I make sure my deer have water. Thats about it.

Comment

I’m not watering the grass just plants and trees by hand. Deep watering 5a-8 r 9a every 3 days is better than watering for any amount of time past 9a

Comment

Beginning to worry about my well in this drought, so I've cut way back. I water my St. Augustine just enough to keep it somewhat alive. Garden is pretty much done, so I'm not watering that anymore until my fall garden goes in. Redid all the floats/valves on my cattle troughs because some were spilling over. Conserving water anywhere I can

Comment

I water myself at least once a day. Never really understood the concept of watering a yard. So you can mow more often? The same guy that invented shaving must've came up with that concept.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  It has certainly become apparent there are sections of my yard that are not getting adequate coverage from the sprinkler system. I water 3days a week - 15 minutes each station and it is not enough. The grass around the septic sprinklers is green and lush however. I’m also doing deep watering around the foundation of the house using soaker hoses
                  I have spots that my system isn`t getting good enough also. I started using my tractor sprinkler so 100% gets where I want it. I shut my system off the auto mode and only water zones where and when it is stressed and needs water. I am trying to conserve as much as I can since I am also on a well and have concerns about the drought and water tabled dropping.

Comment

Nah. Only the strong survive in my yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
                      Beginning to worry about my well in this drought, so I've cut way back. I water my St. Augustine just enough to keep it somewhat alive. Garden is pretty much done, so I'm not watering that anymore until my fall garden goes in. Redid all the floats/valves on my cattle troughs because some were spilling over. Conserving water anywhere I can
                      Same here, we ain't watering chit! We do have some fruit trees that my wife gives a good soak every few days, but that's it.

Comment

I know it hasn’t rained much but is anyone trying to harvest rain when it does come down?? I am trying to get some of the 250 gallon containers to start gathering all the rain possible. Not just to save water but also since it’s more beneficial for the garden…

Comment

very little. 10 minutes per station twice a week at 5am...

Comment

4 am.... 15-20 minutes per station 7 stations every other day. This heats hurts that St Augustine quick.

Just spent a lot of money in Summer 2020 to get my yard back to looking good and don't want to lose it again to drought.

Comment

Nope, not a drop. Really don’t have much of a yard. Just native grass and it’s dead

Comment

grass can die. but started watering around house to keep foundation from moving more than it already has.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X