Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tried watering my AC unit.

Comment

None at all, dont have a sprinkler system, plus I don't want it growing just to have to mow it. Weeds and what little grass I have are burned up. Now my potted plants, beds and palms around the pool get it almost daily with hand water.

Comment

Irrigation system connected to well. Watering 10 stations for 40mins each,
        3 days per week

Comment

I don't. Grass has to make it on its own.

Comment

0 stations, 0 minutes a day. My yard is about 5.5 acres, so I couldn’t water it all if wanted, plus if you water, you have to mow. Grass will be just fine.

Comment

We have to water my wife's plants every other day, or they look very bad. So we have been watering here plants every other day, then the peach and apple trees every other day also. Then for the past two or three months, we have watered all of our oak and hickory trees in the yard, ever other day also.
              We have had multiple post oaks die on us, since we bought the place four years ago. This year we have and our neighbor has had healthy looking oaks, that were covered with leaves, just die. Our neighbor has five or six oaks, that three months ago, looked very healthy, just up and die while covered with leaves. Those are all in the same area of her property.

So we are watering the trees in our yard and seriously considering renting the track loader again and clearing out a bunch, if not all of the yaupon on our property. We know the yaupon brush has to be sucking up a lot of water the oaks could be using. We are definitely going to clear out a bunch of yaupon, we may just clear it all out, to help our trees.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                when I worked at Miller Grass in Dallas we recommended deep water 2 consecutive days and only water when the grass started showing stress, my St Augusine on average got watered every 7-10 days this way. Mainly St. Augustine and this helps the grass put down deeper roots which makes for healthy and more heat and cold tolerant grass.
                This! It’s hard to turn your watering down and let the grass stress a little but if everyone will do this it will be much better on your sod. If your only watering 10-15 mins your just teasing it. Roots stay at the top and never go down to find water. I laid two pallets of Bermuda at my house about a month and half ago. I have not watered it in two weeks. It’s just now showing signs of stress. I’ll give it a drink tomorrow for about 2-3 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  I water myself at least once a day. Never really understood the concept of watering a yard. So you can mow more often? The same guy that invented shaving must've came up with that concept.

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

0, that's zero here. That dry black clay will get wet again when it rains.
                    Last edited by Texas Grown; 07-13-2022, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Not a drop!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My grass has turned a beautiful golden hue that means a lot less mowing.

Comment

three times a week.
                          Last edited by Bassdeer; 07-13-2022, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Not one drop. Retired rancher that grew grass 55 years for livestock. Don't care if I ever have to mow my yard. I live in the country so nobody see's my yard.

Comment

More than my bank account likes and less than my grass needs

Comment

Not a drop here either. The more I water the more I have to mow. My neighbor across the street waters nearly every day and isn't a whole lot better than mine

Comment

Working...
                                X