No announcement yet.

New images from space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still convinced flat earth stuff was started by folks being smartasses and folks not in on the joke took it and ran with it

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
      Kind of like society believing the media and government to get a shot that was never tested or approved.
      I can pretty much agree with you there.

Comment

Kind of like society believing the media and government to get a shot that was never tested or approved.
        Curve Ball,
        The media is 95% lies, I trust the government 0%, I will neve take the shot, and I believe the earth is ROUND..

Comment

Yall globers have it figured out
          I have flown in the air and sailed the ocean. I know the earth is round

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            I have flown in the air and sailed the ocean. I know the earth is round
            Did you actually fly or sail all the way around the world?

I have flown and sailed may times as well.

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yall globers have it figured out
              I can't speak for all of us, but I know I do.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                Did you actually fly or sail all the way around the world?

I have flown and sailed may times as well.

I have watched tall buildings and ships disappear over the horizon thousands of times. Many many people have traveled around the earth. How could you possibly explain that?
                Last edited by GarGuy; 07-16-2022, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I have watched tall buildings and shios disappear over the horizon thousands of times. Many many people have traveled around the earth. How could you possibly explain that?
                  Curvature of light rays across long distances can be a regular occurrence. Forces can bend light at long distances. That's how Einstein proved the theory of relativity. He waited until there was a solar eclipse and was able to see the stars behind the sun. Just because the earth isn't round doesn't mean there isn't forces that effect light rays at long distances. Even though it may not be "gravity" as we were taught.

Ever bowfish? Why do you think you have to aim low almost everytime? Just because you "think" you saw something doesn't mean you did.

Edit- Solar eclipse not lunar

Last edited by Hunting4fun; 07-16-2022, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Curvature of light rays across long distances can be a regular occurrence. Forces can bend light at long distances. That's how Einstein proved the theory of relativity. He waited until there was a lunar eclipse and was able to see the stars behind the moon. Just because the earth isn't round doesn't mean there isn't forces that effect light rays at long distances. Even though it may not be "gravity" as we were taught.

Ever bowfish? Why do you think you have to aim low almost everytime? Just because you "think" you saw something doesn't mean you did.

Curvature of light rays??? What "forces" are bending light rays to the point that it can make very tall structures on shore disappear when I go offshore into the gulf?? Please explain this forces.. And no its not refraction..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                      Curvature of light rays??? What "forces" are bending light rays to the point that it can make very tall structures on shore disappear when I go offshore into the gulf?? Please explain this forces.. And no its not refraction..
                      Think of it like this. In this case the gravitational pull of the sun bends the path of light. The light is being bent in a similar way when you see a tall building disappear. I understand the the Earth may or may not have the same type of gravity or"forces" the sun does but it's the same concept? What causes the light to bend exactly? I don't think anyone is 100% sure.

Comment

Think of it like this. In this case the gravitational pull of the sun bends the path of light. The light is being bent in a similar way when you see a tall building disappear. I understand the the Earth may or may not have the same type of gravity or"forces" the sun does but it's the same concept? What causes the light to bend exactly? I don't think anyone is 100% sure.

Come on man. They disappear from the bottom because of the earth's curve. Refraction just changes where you see an object. If what you say us true, you would still see the entire building.

While this has been entertaining, it is also purely ridiculous

Comment

Come on man. They disappear from the bottom because of the earth's curve. Refraction just changes where you see an object. If what you say us true, you would still see the entire building.

While this has been entertaining, it is also purely ridiculous
                          Take a 10 mile flat surface that you know to be flat. Have it surveyed out. Start with a building on one side and drive away from it, does it eventually disappear or not?

Comment

Them some nice pictures of space

Comment

Take a 10 mile flat surface that you know to be flat. Have it surveyed out. Start with a building on one side and drive away from it, does it eventually disappear or not?
                              You realize how nuts that post is? What would I have surveyed? How much would it cost? Should I build the building using federal funds or out of pocket? A perfectly flat 10 mile strip would be a lake bed. Not a great place for a high rise. What is it I would be looking for?

Comment

You realize how nuts that post is? What would I have surveyed? How much would it cost? Should I build the building using federal funds or out of pocket? A perfectly flat 10 mile strip would be a lake bed. Not a great place for a high rise. What is it I would be looking for?
                                According to you there is no flat surface. Level is always 90 degrees to center of earth. So when the ocean is flat (no waves) it still curves.

So not real sure how one could survey a true flat strip over miles.

Comment

Working...
                                X