No announcement yet.

Cattle Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameron - Milam County Livestock ran 3150 head, which is on par for this time of year, especially considering most sale barns were closed for the July 4th holiday.

San Saba also ran par for their week.

Prices were stable. The livestock report this morning also reported stable to down on prices.

I'm sure Emory and several others are running higher than average numbers due to the drought. I'm not sure how that will impact prices, though.

Comment

Took my calves to Decatur two weeks ago. Weight ranged from 320 to 380 and brought 1.45 to 1.95. I was glad to get it.

Comment

Who does the cattle sale @ Stephenville & what day of the week do they do it? I'm finding little, but conflicting info.

Comment

I saw the line in Emory this weekend when I drove into town. It was stupid hot Saturday and it had me wondering how many head died in trailers waiting on the side of the road. I need to get my hands on one of the $1.60/lb steers to put in my freezer.

Comment

Im selling every calf and about half the herd on one place I have. Calves are only 4 months old but there is no way I can pair them with the cows Im going to cull. Costing nearly $600 a week right now. Im not getting $600 worth of gain a week.

Comment

Saw this posted in a FB group.
              Attached Files

Comment

One of my employees spent 4+ hours in line at the Emory sale barn. Its crazy right now, lack of water and grass is hurting everyone.

Comment

Saw this report online from the Gainesville Auction from Friday

Built in 1949, the Gainesville Sale Barn is a historic landmark that stands strong today. Since 2007, our auctions have consistently ranked at the top. We invite you to come and see our brand-new facility. We value our customers and treat them as part of our extended family. Our goal is to provide all customers with a hassle-free experience and make their visit to our facility unforgettable. Gainesville Livestock Auction Sale Barn Phone: 940-665-4367

Comment

For those of you have been around awhile, when does this become a buying opportunity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post
                      For those of you have been around awhile, when does this become a buying opportunity?

When you have enough grass /cheap hay to sustain them until spring. Feeding out of your pocket is a no win. OR you have the ability to haul to a much better market, such as another state.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

This is has all the latest sale data from all the auctions in Texas.

Keep in mind Navasota didnt have sale last week due to 7-4.

Comment

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post

Well after 2011. Prices where pretty high in 2013-2015. So maybe the next 1-2 months guys could sit through these sells and buy them up if you have the resources to handle such.

But a few of the folks i know that deal and talk with buyers think the market will stay pretty solid. Sure we may have a dip over the next 1-2 months but they predict it will go back up to where it is now. Supposedly up north they are still looking for cows to buy. Granted with heat like it is trucking is a big issue.

This is all predictions. And i dont see there really being a big windfall upcoming.

Comment

Lack of pasture and rain for sure will keep numbers up for the foreseeable future.
                            I think the high numbers this week have a lot to do with the sale barns not having sales last week due to the holiday.

we have a pen full ready to go, but held off this week knowing the numbers would be high this week because of the holiday

Market is still solid and demand remains strong...for now

Comment

Working...
                            X