Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Cattle Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
    Also hearing processing is backlogged. I’m sure it is
    I have a cousin running about 600 head. Of course it ain’t no fun working out in these conditions

Yep. Booked our appointment in Feb and first available date was Aug 16 at our normal beef processor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shrimp prices (boat price) record low!
      Attached Files

Comment

I think that you will see some serious culling in the next month. I started culling hard three months ago when they said that La Nina might hang on into the winter. Then it went from it might hang on until winter to it will hang on into winter and might even go longer. This week, I will finish liquidating my cattle. I really thought that we would see a cow run long before now. I'm hoping that video taken at Emory doesn't start a run that will exceed the capacity of the available trucking and slaughter capacity. If so, the next month will be ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
          I think that you will see some serious culling in the next month. I started culling hard three months ago when they said that La Nina might hang on into the winter. Then it went from it might hang on until winter to it will hang on into winter and might even go longer. This week, I will finish liquidating my cattle. I really thought that we would see a cow run long before now. I'm hoping that video taken at Emory doesn't start a run that will exceed the capacity of the available trucking and slaughter capacity. If so, the next month will be ugly.
          It 100% will

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
            Shrimp prices (boat price) record low!
            Dang, Leemo, where can I get some of those shrimp?

Comment

Every auction ring in our area has had big runs. The low weight calves are getting cheaper every week becuase of the feed cost to get them to market weight. The big calves were still bring pretty good money a few weeks ago. No rain, no hay and high price of feed, fertilizer and fuel not looking good for ranchers.

Comment

My BIL just started a job on the kill floor at National Beef in Dodge City. $22/hr for meat cutters with zero experience and all the OT you can stand to work. Apparently there's no shortage of cattle yet.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I sold off all my old cows 2 weeks ago and did pretty dang good on price. Cows and big calves are holding on for now around us but small calves are falling. I’m sure cows will dip soon though.

Comment

Neighbor took his to Emory Saturday… they didn’t even sell! There were no buyers left

Comment

I have driven by the Emory sale the last few weekends. The smart ones sold a few weeks ago but it has been building every week. This last Saturday was nuts. If fuel was cheaper I would have bought a load just to haul to a better market. There was some money to be made there.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        Neighbor took his to Emory Saturday… they didn’t even sell! There were no buyers left

So what happens when that happens? They take them back home? Could someone have bought them for $10?

Comment

They are still there for the Tuesday sale and he’s on the hook for “boarding “

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                            I saw that picture also. I am curious if anyone has hauled cattle to the auction the last couple of weeks. I would like an honest assessment of how it went.

I am afraid that is how it will be all over Texas in the coming weeks.

Are there buyers at the auction?

Those that went thru this in 2011 tell us how this is going to play out.

Thanks
                            Just called to see what my check was for Saturday. Im happy with the numbers. I dont have the breakdown yet but what i carried for yearlings and cows i just averaged it out in my mind and numbers will be close to what they where over the last 2-3 months.
                            Last edited by dclifton; 07-11-2022, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Took mine to sale saturday.

Comment

We took a7 calves and 1 little bit older bull on Thursday and they brought 7000. About what we were expecting.

Comment

Working...
                                X