Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Cattle Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If ever, I meet a cattleman, who isn't complaning about
    the price of beef. I'm gonna buy that man, a tall cold one...

Comment

It doesn't work like that.

The buyers will pay a producer less at the auction barn and the packers, grocery store and any one else with their hand in the cookie jar will drive the price up on the consumer.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

There is always a drop in prices during the summer months as ranchers tend to thin the heard the more they have to supplement feed.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-R View Post
          That would likely be per 100lbs.
          Currently, 7-9 month steers are in the $1.60 PER POUND range.
          that's about the average my buddy got up here 2 weeks ago....lot's of cattle being dumped vs feeding hay

Comment

Hay is to high to keep cows right now. Everyone is selling off

Comment

Also hearing processing is backlogged. I’m sure it is
              I have a cousin running about 600 head. Of course it ain’t no fun working out in these conditions

Comment

big thing is going to be the lack of cattle in the future with lots of folks dumping them.

Comment

You have to have gambling in your blood to be a rancher the last 10 years or so. More and more 100% ranchers are saying the heck with it. Little boys are slowly being weaned out, just like the small mom and pop shops in towns.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                    big thing is going to be the lack of cattle in the future with lots of folks dumping them.
                    This will drive prices up.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas452 View Post
                      This will drive prices up.
                      on meat at the stores.......packers have a monopoly and farmers/ranchers are hostage to them.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                        If ever, I meet a cattleman, who isn't complaning about
                        the price of beef. I'm gonna buy that man, a tall cold one...
                        Yep...so selfish, worrying about their profits...those guys, are just, being...selfish.

It, actually, is, pretty...important, to some, people...

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                          on meat at the stores.......packers have a monopoly and farmers/ranchers are hostage to them.
                          Correct

Land is $14,000 an acre…. You need 4 of them for a cow calf pair… yea $1.60 sounds fair

I operate a dairy 365 and handle millions of dollars to try and make $30k a year on a great year

Say when… and I’m DONE!

Comment

Buddy of mine has 330 ac and just sold all but 15 or so of his herd--of course, there is hardly any grass at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              Correct

Land is $14,000 an acre…. You need 4 of them for a cow calf pair… yea $1.60 sounds fair

I operate a dairy 365 and handle millions of dollars to try and make $30k a year on a great year

Say when… and I’m DONE!
                              Low Fence, I think our land is worth to much for our cows…….getting harder each day to stay in😬

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                                Yep...so selfish, worrying about their profits...those guys, are just, being...selfish.

It, actually, is, pretty...important, to some, people...
                                Of course, it's important... To many people.. But that was not
                                the point of my post. I've never, tried to make a living in the
                                cattle industry. I've just raised and sold cattle for the last 30 years
                                or so. Just cause, I enjoyed doing it. I've been to most of the sale barns
                                in N.Texas. From Weatherford, to Eastland.
                                And of course, the main topic of conversation, "is the price" of beef,
                                feed,fertilizer, fuel, and other various things, that go with cows.
                                The faces and the people change. The subjects, and complaints. Do not.
                                I guess, my brand of humor, went by a little quick...

Comment

Working...
                                X