No announcement yet.

Drivers license rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s very easy and makes so much sense (sarcasm, for those who might miss it) you just have to do what I did. Take the ID card that the DPS office issued you (ya know, the one they can’t use to figure out who you are…yeah, that one) and go to the courthouse. There you can use said ID to obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate, then take the certified copy of birth certificate (you know, the one you obtained using the ID that the DPS office can’t use to figure out who you are) back to the DPS office, and they will issue you a new ID 😑 complete and utter lunacy…just idiotic and a waste of time. Makes zero sense…which is the good old government way 😂

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
      It’s very easy and makes so much sense (sarcasm, for those who might miss it) you just have to do what I did. Take the ID card that the DPS office issued you (ya know, the one they can’t use to figure out who you are…yeah, that one) and go to the courthouse. There you can use said ID to obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate, then take the certified copy of birth certificate (you know, the one you obtained using the ID that the DPS office can’t use to figure out who you are) back to the DPS office, and they will issue you a new ID [emoji58] complete and utter lunacy…just idiotic and a waste of time. Makes zero sense…which is the good old government way [emoji23]

Same story for me. Absolutely stupid.

Comment

It’s very easy and makes so much sense (sarcasm, for those who might miss it) you just have to do what I did. Take the ID card that the DPS office issued you (ya know, the one they can’t use to figure out who you are…yeah, that one) and go to the courthouse. There you can use said ID to obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate, then take the certified copy of birth certificate (you know, the one you obtained using the ID that the DPS office can’t use to figure out who you are) back to the DPS office, and they will issue you a new ID 😑 complete and utter lunacy…just idiotic and a waste of time. Makes zero sense…which is the good old government way 😂
        I got a headache reading that!

Comment

Originally posted by stryker93 View Post
          Same story for me. Absolutely stupid.
          The workers all agreed with me…which is example enough that some idiot with more time on their hands than they knew what to do with it, decided “everyone else must sit in an office with nothing to do as well. I know, let’s make them jump through hoops after decades of simplicity”

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            I got a headache reading that!
            I literally was lost as to how it made a lick of sense. The DPS employees as well as the courthouse employees all thought it was as stupid as I did 😂

Comment

Same exact thing happened to me. Went back for the second time with my passport and got to the point where I had to pay $33 or so to finish my renewal and their credit card machine crapped out. So I had to come back again. Took me 4 trips to the DMV to renew my license

Comment

Yep when u go down take BC or you will be mad… 53yo and they had no idea if I was American…

Comment

Pretty sure the birth certificate, ss card, passport requirements were put in place to keep illegals from getting or renewing a DL.
                  It's pretty easy actually once your birth certificate and SS card are in their system.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    I did online for the past two renewals as well before this one. Your number will come up eventually where you have to go in and take a new pic and check your eyes if you are required to use corrective lenses. My new one is good for 8 years thankfully. CHL is 5.

You have to take an eye test every time you have to renew in person. I barely passed this last time, getting old is Hell And like you stated earlier, easiest transaction/experience I've ever had at DMV

Comment

Seems legit…………..for the govt…….

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                        Sounds like that part might have been missed.

But I did just order 3 copies of my birth certificate.
                        No copies!! I also found out the hard way!!!
                        OP, I went thru the same mess just last year. I think I went 4 times before I got it all sorted out. Went to big town to little town, didn’t matter, they all suck.
                        For me, getting a BC was like a act of congress. Thank goodness my mom is still alive cause she is the one that was able to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                          No copies!! I also found out the hard way!!!
                          OP, I went thru the same mess just last year. I think I went 4 times before I got it all sorted out. Went to big town to little town, didn’t matter, they all suck.
                          For me, getting a BC was like a act of congress. Thank goodness my mom is still alive cause she is the one that was able to get one.

I’m pretty sure by copies he means replacements. You have to order notarized BC copies/replacements from your county of birth if you don’t have the original. As long as the copies have the raised notary seal they will be fine. I needed one in the mid 2000s for a passport and was able to call the county I was born in with no issue. You should have been able to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            I’m pretty sure by copies he means replacements. You have to order notarized BC copies/replacements from your county of birth if you don’t have the original. As long as the copies have the raised notary seal they will be fine. I needed one in the mid 2000s for a passport and was able to call the county I was born in with no issue. You should have been able to do the same.
                            Nope, no copies. That’s why I said I found out the hard way, or at least that’s what they required where I went.
                            I could have done it online but they send the paperwork like 2 months in advance and the wife misplaced it. She only found it AFTER I went thru my ordeal.

Comment

EXACTLY my point. NUTS

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                                Nope, no copies. That’s why I said I found out the hard way, or at least that’s what they required where I went.
                                I could have done it online but they send the paperwork like 2 months in advance and the wife misplaced it. She only found it AFTER I went thru my ordeal.
                                Still wrong. Certified, notarized copies are fine with any DMV. Ask me hw I know!

Comment

Working...
                                X