Drivers license rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
    I went through the same crap 3 years ago at that same age. Had to go and get birth certificate. If your license has the gold star on it now you should be able to renew on line again.
    It does, I can't

Comment

FYI. A photocopy will not do. It has to be an original document. I went through it in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
        Yep, you now need an original/official birth certificate to renew your DL. There were several threads on here about it at the time the law changed, as I recall. No excuse.
        Oh I know I should have known what to bring. I am upset that I have to bring anything. I took the card they gave me, with a gold star, CHL, SS card etc.
        I have been fingerprinted for CHL and my Brokers license in Real Estate, served 15 years on an ESD board and I am not in the system? I never make excuses for my mistakes, I made some today. But the common sense factor is what upset me today.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I just went through all this in May and my appointment sign up and reminder all told me to bring my birth certificate and social security card. Smoothest transaction I've ever had at a DL license appointment. Beats the hell out of standing in a long line for an hour or two in a room full of window lickers, teenagers and no speakees.
          I agree, in theory. But my point is being missed. To have to prove I am a citizen to a government that has issued me all kinds of credentials, licenses, taxes, etc after 45 yrs of ongoing drivers licenses with this same group just seems insane too me. And have the stuff I had with me not be sufficient made it even more so.
          I will get it handled on Tuesday, but I still won't like it!

Comment

This is unbelievable! I went on line and renewed mine with no problems at all.

Comment

I made an appointment nMarlin and took everything but my birth certificate. When I got there Lady said she could only accept a birth certificate. I said bull**** not accordng to ghe website. She showed me a printed page of what was needed at that office.
              Long story short , she was a Falls County employeea d could only take a BC. When I went back a week later the Tx State employee could accept a PP or BC. State vs county total BS. An appt in Temple or Waco was a one month wait.

Comment

It is usually easier to play by the system's stupid rules.

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
                  I could not renew online and you will probably not the next time.

Comment

If you were there to vote it wouldn’t have been a problem. Just wish it was that easy for the IRS to forget who I was.

Comment

You think you had it bad? Wait till Burndell has to renew his. Will they accept a birth certificate carved on a stone tablet? Did they even have stamped tablets back then? Will he need a wheelbarrow to bring it in?

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post

I did online for the past two renewals as well before this one. Your number will come up eventually where you have to go in and take a new pic and check your eyes if you are required to use corrective lenses. My new one is good for 8 years thankfully. CHL is 5.

Last edited by Smart; 06-17-2022, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Sounds like they should just post “ Rules Of The Day” on their door.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                            Sounds like they should just post “ Rules Of The Day” on their door.

Its too late by then....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Its too late by then....
                              Yep. In the smaller towns, better take your BS, PP, SS, old license, license plate renewal plus insurance card and anything else that verifies who you are! Total BS!

Comment

Tell them you are only there to vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X