black widow spider bite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
    Black widows and scorpions are the reason I check my gloves. :-)
    and bang out my boots before I put them on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
      and bang out my boots before I put them on.
      Might want to add hearing protection muffs to the list. I put mine on before firing up the chainsaw and there was a wasp in one earpiece

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        Might want to add hearing protection muffs to the list. I put mine on before firing up the chainsaw and there was a wasp in one earpiece
        Yeee - ooouch!

Comment

This thread has gotten this far and still no spider bite pic

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper33 View Post
            I got bit, by a Brown Recluse.... (right on the face)
            Trust me, you don't wanna see any pics...
            You'd be throwing up, last weeks breakfast....

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
              Black widows and scorpions are the reason I check my gloves. :-)
              Its the reason my gloves and boots never leave my truck cab if I ain’t using them.

Comment

This reminded me of my dad back when I was in middle school. Called me while taking his shirt off saying something was biting him. In the middle of his back was a black widow. Called the doc and he said give it a few, we would know if it injected venom. After about 30 minutes dad went right back to work with no problems. Guess it didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                  good morning all thanks for all the well wishing. got a red spot and a little swollen. doc mark it with a sharpie. time will tell? doing ok so far.

Curious to know, what was the treatment protocol? Was an anti-venom administered?

Comment

The only pic I have of mine . It still has not healed

Comment

Got bit by one in 8th grade in the arm pit. Burned like hell at bite site and then slowly grew till my whole body felt like it was on fire. Was laid up in bed for a week but pain was gone in 48 hrs and then joints ached for months after and now are way looser than they were before. But I survived it no doc visit just a couple half doses of hydrocodone for a day or 2 so I could sleep because pain was so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                        The only pic I have of mine . It still has not healed

Haha thanks brother! The last time I had been teased that hard I was gettin those ****hub premium emails [emoji23]

All in all looks like you are getting off good so far. Hope it stays that way for ya!!!

Comment

Haha thanks brother! The last time I had been teased that hard I was gettin those ****hub premium emails [emoji23]

All in all looks like you are getting off good so far. Hope it stays that way for ya!!!

I have been fighting it since September or October. Still not healed. Had dead tissue cut out once so far . Will probably happen again .

Comment

If you ever get bitten by a spider, just follow Danny “Wildman” Evans remedy he posted on here years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                              I have been fighting it since September or October. Still not healed. Had dead tissue cut out once so far . Will probably happen again .
                              dang that long huh? Hope it eventually heals up for ya.

Comment

One thing to keep in mind that most docs either don't know or forget to mention. If you get bit (by any brand of venomous spider) and the wound gets bad, is that it can cause a person to have breakouts of MRSA on occasion in the general area of the original bite. At least that's what my doc informed me about after a bad Recluse bite I had years ago. They often resemble a spider bite. The MRSA sores are as bad if not worse than the bite itself. Makes you feel like you've been ran over by a truck for a few days. Something about the way the body reacts to the venom and the after effects. Might want to axe your doc about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X