No announcement yet.

Jackson Hole, WY vacation questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This August will be my 7th trip up there. We fly into Idaho falls and always have lunch in Jackson Hole on our way to Big Sky.

I also recommend the white water rafting but have also rented horses and had a guide take us in the back country for the day. Just beautiful and get away from the crowds.

I usually just fish now. The fishing is great and scenery is better.

Have fun!

Comment

There was a web cam available of downtown when we went in Sept of 20. Even during the height of the china flu the crowds were unreal. RESERVATIONS or bring a collapsible lawn chair while you wait in line.

Comment

And do yourself a road trip to Idaho Falls one day. It’s a beautiful town with river and falls running right through town.

Comment

I'm taking a scouting trip for my Deer tag up there this year in mid July as well, flying in and out of Jackson but not staying there. If you want to rent a Jeep or Truck for a day to go do some trails etc, go through Turo, much cheaper.

Comment

We stayed in a really cool house in Teton Village. Totally worth it. We went white water rafting, did some hiking (JBone and TBone went a whole, whole lot further. And we took the granddaughter horseback riding, which she totally loved. Can't touch those views. Very enjoyable trip.

Comment

I’ll be there half of September with an elk tag, can’t wait

Comment

You could do a drive thru Yellowstone one day. Old Faithful, and the like, may as well since you are up there.

Comment

Looks to be mid 80’s and low in the 40’s. What type of clothes does everyone recommend? We will be doing some fly fishing, biking, hiking and sightseeing. Never been, trying to be prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Gun Barrel restaurant is a must. Also, enjoy a good cup of coffee while the world wakes up in the mornings. Same as night, but change coffee to adult drink of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyCards2006 View Post
                      Looks to be mid 80’s and low in the 40’s. What type of clothes does everyone recommend? We will be doing some fly fishing, biking, hiking and sightseeing. Never been, trying to be prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We take summer and fall clothing. 95% of the time is spent in shorts, but I’ll throw on a hoodie in the evenings. Greatest place on earth to decompress in the mornings and evenings as mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Watching the sunset in Moran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome. I’m jealous.

Comment

Liberty Burger and Gun Barrell are excellent restaurants. The wildlife tours of grand Teton is awesome as well.

Comment

Gun Barrel for dinner in Jackson.
                              Go to the Mangy Moose, in Teton Village for lunch
                              Gotta go see ol Faithful!

Comment

Make dinner reservations well in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X